• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

purge hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? ohio

My ex took me to court last April for contempt regarding medical bills and extra curricular fees. While I paid almost $4000 for braces and had other medical bills I paid, the court found that I was in contempt for a prescription bill for my daughter even though the ex couldn't prove she sent me the bill (which she didn't). The magistrate found I wasn't responsible for the extra curricular fees, but due to the comtempt, I was sentenced to 4 days in jail and ordered to pay her lawyer fees.. I was advised that I could purge myself of the contempt if I paid her the money for the medical bills within 60 days. I delivered the entire amount (lawyer fees and medical bills) to my attorney within 21 days of receiving the magistrate's order (39 days before the deadline). My attorney signed that he received it from me and personally delivered the check to her attorney.

Now my question, today I called my attorney just to touch bases because the purge hearing is coming up soon. He said he would be there and made the comment that he didn't trust her attorney. Is there something that her attorney can pull to stop the purge from taking place?

Thanks for your time.What is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

Q: Now my question, today I called my attorney just to touch bases because the purge hearing is coming up soon. He said he would be there and made the comment that he didn't trust her attorney. Is there something that her attorney can pull to stop the purge from taking place?

A: I don't know and no one else knows. But I would be there too; just to make sure YOUR attorney does his thing.

No, I didn't use a personal check. I got a money order from the bank. I have the stub. I wasn't sure if the bank could give me a copy of the check after it was cashed. And I will be at the hearing with my attorney.

I just got a copy of the cashed money order from the bank. My ex cashed it 4 days after I gave it to my attorney...well within the 60 days ordered.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">