• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about time sharing.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DeVon72176

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hi. I live in Florida and I had a question about the way the time sharing is worded in my parenting plan. I am the father of two children and under the mother's dates and times that she would spend with the children, the mediator wrote "Times not designated for father."

I currently do have times designated for me. At first, I thought this give me the Right of First Refusal, as the mediator actually gave me that option.. But I'm starting to think about it differently now. In fact, I don't even see that option in the parenting plan.

Can someone help me in determining what this means?

Thank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You would need to type out the entire relevant portion of the order, word-for-word (leaving out personally identifying information)

DeVon72176

The section I'm referring to reads as follows:

VII. TIME-SHARING SCHEDULE

1. Weekday and Weekend Schedule
The following schedule shall apply beginning 2/4/11 with the Father and continue as follows:

A. The child(ren) shall spend time with the Mother on the following dates and times:
WEEKENDS: [] Every [] Every Other [] Other (Specify)
From_______________ to _____________________
WEEKDAYS: Specify days ___________________________
From _______________ to _____________________
Other: (Specify) Times not designated for father.

B. The child(ren) shall spend time with the Father on the following dates and times:
WEEKENDS: [] Every [x] Every Other [] Other (Specify)
WEEKDAYS: Specify days-Tuesdays from 6:00pm to Wednesday morning
Other: (Specify)____________________________

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hi. I live in Florida and I had a question about the way the time sharing is worded in my parenting plan. I am the father of two children and under the mother's dates and times that she would spend with the children, the mediator wrote "Times not designated for father."

I currently do have times designated for me. At first, I thought this give me the Right of First Refusal, as the mediator actually gave me that option.. But I'm starting to think about it differently now. In fact, I don't even see that option in the parenting plan.

Can someone help me in determining what this means?

Thank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
What that means is that everything not specifically designated for you, belongs to mom. No, it does not give you right of first refusal.

For example: If your order says that you get every other weekend and every Wednesday evening. Then all of the rest of the time belongs to mom.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">