• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions about relocation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jlyn22

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OKLAHOMA

My ex husband and I both have primary joint custody. He is thinking about relocating to TN. I do not want him to move because I do not think it would be good for our children ages 2 and 5. I do not want to be away from my children for an extended length of time. What does he have to do to be able to move and can I fight this? Will custody stay the same and what about visitation? We have both lived in Oklahoma our whole lives and I don't think it is fair for him just to decide to move. What can I do???What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zephyr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OKLAHOMA

My ex husband and I both have primary joint custody. He is thinking about relocating to TN. I do not want him to move because I do not think it would be good for our children ages 2 and 5. I do not want to be away from my children for an extended length of time. What does he have to do to be able to move and can I fight this? Will custody stay the same and what about visitation? We have both lived in Oklahoma our whole lives and I don't think it is fair for him just to decide to move. What can I do???What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
He should be required- either by your order or state statute to notify you of his intent to move (if he intends to take the children)...at that time you would express your disagreement by filing a motion for modification with the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">