• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

RE: Food Stamp Fraud in GA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
I'm not acting "grown up" because I don't take a heavy helping of personal insults, slander, and lies with a smidgen of legal advice with a smile, nod and "please, sir, may I have another?"
There's a big difference between defending your point, and whining.

As far as your deleted post is concerned, it's not censorship. I'm sure it will re-appear after being evaluated by the moderator.

And I'm not your buddy, sir.

BlessedDaddy

Ok, buddy. What seems so out of place to me is how everyone here is aware that mom could come back and take her at will, but in the bloodlust of insulting and proving oneself intellectually superior than the hopeless little new poster form a legal standpoint, no one is really concerned about what consequences that would have for the "stranger child."

If things were sunshine and ice cream down there, that's where she'd currently be.

Funny how responding to preposterous allegations is construed as 'whining' around here.

I would think the whining and childish behavior would be the constant "Na, na, na, na, nah! You're not her daddy!" mantra that has been incessantly repeated by various posters here. As if you could care less if the "stranger child" loses the newfound stability in her life, so long as you can say I told you so.

The childish behavior would be allowing one side to shamelessly berate new posters behind a thinly veiled layer of 'legal advice.'

The only reason this thread is this long in the first place is due to the aforementioned childish behavior. 2mistakes cleared up the LEGAL issue. What's continuing this thread is a matter of opinion and people looking to assert their moral authority.

Last edited:

cyjeff

Ok, buddy. What seems so out of place to me is how everyone here is aware that mom could come back and take her at will, but in the bloodlust of insulting and proving oneself intellectually superior than the hopeless little new poster form a legal standpoint, no one is really concerned about what consequences that would have for the "stranger child."
Of course we are worried about the child.

No one here, even me, has doubted that what you said about the circumstances in Florida being true.

We just said that you are on some pretty shaky legal ground the way you want to pursue that objective.

Funny how responding to preposterous allegations is construed as 'whining' around here.

I would think the whining and childish behavior would be the constant "Na, na, na, na, nah! You're not her daddy!" mantra that has been incessantly repeated by various posters here. As if you could care less if the "stranger child" loses the newfound stability in her life, so long as you can say I told you so.
Again, not at all.

However, we WILL state that you have put your child in far greater danger of being removed from your custody by trying to "backdoor" mom out of the picture.

Judges, especially when kids are involved, are VERY suspicious of petitioners that seem to be "venue shopping" in the hopes that they can get their way.

The childish behavior would be allowing one side to shamelessly berate new posters behind a thinly veiled layer of 'legal advice.'
Fine, I apologize.

I do know that I, as a step father, cannot enroll my eldest in school because I am a legal stranger. In Marietta.

I do know that I, as a step father, have no say in medical treatment for my step daughter because I am a legal stranger.

You, however, say that even though you are a legal stranger to your child can accomplish both. Via a POA.

But let's move on.

The only reason this thread is this long in the first place is due to the aforementioned childish behavior. 2mistakes cleared up the LEGAL issue. What's continuing this thread is a matter of opinion and people looking to assert their moral authority.
I already apologized for that.

Nothing changes around your custody issue, however.

do this... burn the free consultation with a very good family law attorney and ASK him/her if your plan has merit... won't cost you a dime.

futuredust

Apparently you are not very concerned about the possibility of this happening, as evidenced by your continuous failure, over time, to establish paternity of a child you claim to care so much about.

Until you legally establish your own role in this child's life you are nothing more then a babysitter in the eyes of the law.

As I told you yesterday, establish paternity, as soon as possible, so that you can provide the stable home you claim you want to give to this child.

Have you contacted the courts today, as was suggested yesterday?

CJane

Apparently you are not very concerned about the possibility of this happening, as evidenced by your continuous failure, over time, to establish paternity of a child you claim to care so much about.

Until you legally establish your own role in this child's life you are nothing more then a babysitter in the eyes of the law.

As I told you yesterday, establish paternity, as soon as possible, so that you can provide the stable home you claim you want to give to this child.

Have you contacted the courts today, as was suggested yesterday?
Remember too that you can't just 'establish paternity' in GA. YOu must also LEGITIMIZE the child. This REQUIRES a trip to court and, according to one poster who's been attempting this for quite awhile, it can take MONTHS.

And supposedly, Mom 'makes threats' any time court comes up.

Want to place bets on whether or not Dad actually DOES try and legitimize the child? Whether or not Mom really is 'putting money in the pot' whether or not if mom IS putting money in the pot, Dad claimed that as income?

BlessedDaddy

Remember too that you can't just 'establish paternity' in GA. YOu must also LEGITIMIZE the child. This REQUIRES a trip to court and, according to one poster who's been attempting this for quite awhile, it can take MONTHS.

And supposedly, Mom 'makes threats' any time court comes up.

Want to place bets on whether or not Dad actually DOES try and legitimize the child? Whether or not Mom really is 'putting money in the pot' whether or not if mom IS putting money in the pot, Dad claimed that as income?
Place all the bets you want. I didn't lie about a thing. Once again, you look to place me in whatever group you're used to pigeon holing people in. Mom hasn't sent much, but I have no reason to lie to the caseworker. If they could help me, I'd accept it. The money for food stamps goes to my child having balanced meals. The Medicaid is strictly for her own good, not mine.
I've never had public assistance before, and don't plan to be on it if my daughter isn't with me or the instant I receive a paycheck after graduation. So, maybe you have encountered many in the vicious cycle of relying on others to take care of them, but that isn't what's going on here.

Although, you probably don't care about that because it doesn't further your agenda of the gossip shop behavior I've come to see is the norm here. "Hey, let's take bets on the new meat!"

What a joke.

wileybunch

Dangit. I've been paying into "the government" for way longer and don't even get any money back out! Oh yeah, the stimulus check last year that stimulated the economy so much we need to stimulate it some more already! :p

BlessedDaddy

Of course we are worried about the child.

No one here, even me, has doubted that what you said about the circumstances in Florida being true.

We just said that you are on some pretty shaky legal ground the way you want to pursue that objective.

Again, not at all.

However, we WILL state that you have put your child in far greater danger of being removed from your custody by trying to "backdoor" mom out of the picture.

Judges, especially when kids are involved, are VERY suspicious of petitioners that seem to be "venue shopping" in the hopes that they can get their way.

Fine, I apologize.

I do know that I, as a step father, cannot enroll my eldest in school because I am a legal stranger. In Marietta.

I do know that I, as a step father, have no say in medical treatment for my step daughter because I am a legal stranger.

You, however, say that even though you are a legal stranger to your child can accomplish both. Via a POA.

But let's move on.

I already apologized for that.

Nothing changes around your custody issue, however.

do this... burn the free consultation with a very good family law attorney and ASK him/her if your plan has merit... won't cost you a dime.
Thank you, you almost didn't come off snidely there.;)

As far as hearing an attorney out, they aren't the most reliable group either. Much like getting advice here, you have to hope you find someone who not only knows what they're talking about, but has the same conviction as you in doing what's best for the child...not just someone providing lip service in effort to collect a quick check.

If you're in Marietta, you're close to me. I'm sorry you couldn't do it, but if that was because you were hypothetically asking if you could do it just to prove a point here rather than actually trying to do it, I see why. Like I said, what the gatekeepers tell you on the phone is 100% different than if you come with everything I had, child in tow. I made a phone call as well and was told Mom had to do it by the gatekeeper. I went down there and stared that very same gatekeeper in the eye and told her the business. She looked, paused a second, and curtly said "Hold on."

Next thing you know we were led through that single door to the cubicles.

I actually had her enrolled in school first before attempting to get aid for my daughter, as I was buying her food with the last scraps of my financial aid from school last semester. Maybe its because Pre-K runs through daycare as opposed to elementary school, but even then, I fulfilled all documentation requirements with both the Pre-K and the DFACS.

Look, I hear what you guys are saying from a moral standpoint about what I'm doing...though you probably won't understand that if I don't do this as a backup (will explain in a bit), then everyone could be back to the world of chaos that has been Mommy, Daddy, and daughter's world for the last four years due to Mommy's way of living. It's not worth it. Especially now that our daughter is of "need to be on a schedule, living a life with something to learn and look forward to" age.

I say 'as a backup' because I am truly trying to see her mom do better as her in this dysfunctional state isn't good for anyone, especially daughter. In recent weeks, she's toned down on the drinking and the irrational behavior (or at least she's learned how not to call me when she's engaging in that behavior, and that's a first in four years). If this trend keeps up, I'm more than cool with daughter going back. I'd have no problems with having my daughter only for summers, as long as I'm sure mommy is doing the best she can (even if it isn't what I can do up here) for her. I've really tried my best to look at the pros and cons of whatever direction this can go.

If this trend doesn't keep up, I see no reason to force that on my child again. Only to have to go pick her back up at the request of mom in a couple of months with another "This is only until ...." stipulation.

Sorry to break it down so coldly as a matter of insurance, but...seriously, it's what has to be done. Also, keep in mind that I would never try to keep her away from her child. If I were to have custody, no problems with her having summers and holidays all day. My main issue is can you do your daily job as a parent? As of now, recent improving behavior notwithstanding, it looks like she can't.

I refuse to completely divulge everything on a message board as I feel there are some things that should stay between two people unless one ultimately forces the others hand. I do have good reason...and this isn't me just being some controlling prick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">