• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Regular standard and expanded standard possession order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

willing parent

equal time should be the assumption not the fight

is there a problem as to why the father can't see his child? it is his child too you know. the possession order is set up to protect and allow the non custodial parent their bare minimum right to be with their child. it is because state not assuming equality and granting one parent power over the other that has undermined the the rights of the child. that baby has a right to have equal exposure and the baby should be just fine with either parent as long as both are fit to be parents. i just went through the same thing that you and your daughter are going through and i am on the other end of it. there is absolutely no reason why a willing non custodial parent should be denied their right to their own child. the daughter needs to accept the fact that the baby is not solely her child. when are we going to consider the equal rights of the child?

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
is there a problem as to why the father can't see his child? it is his child too you know. the possession order is set up to protect and allow the non custodial parent their bare minimum right to be with their child. it is because state not assuming equality and granting one parent power over the other that has undermined the the rights of the child. that baby has a right to have equal exposure and the baby should be just fine with either parent as long as both are fit to be parents. i just went through the same thing that you and your daughter are going through and i am on the other end of it. there is absolutely no reason why a willing non custodial parent should be denied their right to their own child. the daughter needs to accept the fact that the baby is not solely her child. when are we going to consider the equal rights of the child?
I suspect that, after nearly three years, OP's situation has been sorted out.

Be careful. I was recently taken to a public place where I was chained to the stocks and subjected to the friendly villagers pelting me with rotten vegetables for necroposting.

gam

Yes it is clearly written that when the child attains the age of (3) that the father shall have poessission and access as per the expanded order.
I believe that the parents should be able to talk and work something out,however they are young and foolish,they are still fighting between themselves.
The father is already receiving more priviledges than i understand he should,that is happening because I steped in and tryed to explain that the child should spend more time with her dad,that they should share the responsibilities.
I believe that if a couple can't get along and end up divorcing the childreen involved should still have both parents,and should have shared visitation,and not have to be a part of the fight.To often the childreen don't get what they need through these times.
My wife and I have supported my daughter and the baby since the divorce and tryed with an open mind to mediate the situitation.
I believe a month is to long a time for a 15 month old to be without her mother,I also believe that they should work out a plain to do alt weeks,with the understanding that if the mother or father either need to be present during any given visit they should be called in.
I have gone through 2 divorces in my life,neither was eaisy,I do believe tho that either of my X wives and I could haved worked together for the childreen,if there had been any.I was lucky,my 3 childreen were all born to my curent wife.
Don
Your stepping way to far in this, and that is coming from a grandma with 2 adult children in split situations. What you believe does not matter here.

While you say they should have shared visitation, you also said "the father is already receiving more priviledges then YOU UNDERSTAND HE SHOULD. You also said "YOU BELIEVE a month is to long a time for a 15 month old to be without her mother". Way to much of what YOU THINK.

I understand your trying to help, but you can't force your opinions on either parent. Present dads view to mom on a situation, and then present solutions to make it the best situation or close to the best situation for the child and both parents. AND THEN YOU BACK ON OUT OF THERE. Your daughter needs to make the choice, even if it is not the right choice in your opinion or anyone else's opinion. She will learn QUICKLY on how her OWN DECISIONS, impact her child.

If this was one of my own daughters situation, I could come up with several ways of doing the summer visitation, that would give dad his 30 days and also keep mom in the picture enough for a 15 month old. Not hard for you to come up with ways. STOP trying to figure out what the order or law is and give some solutions for these 2 parents to work out something that gives both of them what they want.

Suggest your daughter go to counseling, that your daughter take a co-parenting class, that your daughter get her BUTT ONLINE and read boards like this one and read the darn laws herself, that your daughter buy some books on divorce and co-parenting. This is your daughters situation, and she needs to learn and do these things, not you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">