• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Relinquish rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nneedofanswers2

What is the name of your state? Ohio
I'm married and my husband cheated and has potentally father a child. He agreed to relinquish all rights so that our family may move on because i refuse to deal with it. How does he go about doing that? Upon doing that will he be required to still pay child support?

CJane

My suggestion? File for divorce and child support before the other baby is born.

He will not be able to relinquish his rights. He WILL pay child support. Your children DO have another sibling on the way. The child DOES deserve to know its father. Your option of refusing to deal with it ended the day he decided he needed to get a little side action sans protection.

ceara19

nneedofanswers2 said:
I'm married and my husband cheated and has potentally father a child. He agreed to relinquish all rights so that our family may move on because i refuse to deal with it. How does he go about doing that? Upon doing that will he be required to still pay child support?
Stop getting ahead of yourself and deal with the matter at hand. You have a cheating husband. At this point you don't KNOW that he has a child on the way with another woman. If he does, pretending that it never happened just because you don't want to deal with it is not an option.

LdiJ

CJane said:
My suggestion? File for divorce and child support before the other baby is born.

He will not be able to relinquish his rights. He WILL pay child support. Your children DO have another sibling on the way. The child DOES deserve to know its father. Your option of refusing to deal with it ended the day he decided he needed to get a little side action sans protection.
And all of the children deserve to know their siblings.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
nneedofanswers2 said:
He can't do that at this juncture. He will be required to support the child that he decided to make by having sex with someone. And you need to deal with it. Because he cheated on you an innocent child has to suffer because adults can't act like adults? Lovely. glad you have decided to forbid a child from having a father because you are immature. Do the mature thing if you can't deal with it -- as other posters have said, file for divorce.

nneedofanswers2

Maturity is not the issue

I'm being very mature about this situation but the issue has nothing to do with the child it's the mother. This was done for financial gain. Being in the childs life comes with a big big price tag and deceit should never be rewarded. Not getting into all the specifics it may sound cut and dry but it is far from that. Trapping someone for the bettering of your life and caring less about my child doesn't warrant my sympathy or my maturity. If this child wasn't a pawn for money things would definitely be different.

ezmarelda

just wondering...

so how did *daddy* go from wanting 50/50 to relinquishing rights so fast.....could it be that YOU are having problems with him paying (literaly) for his indiscressions (sp?)

I think the best advice you have recieved is to get divorced

it is important to keep in mind though your child will have a sibling and it would be horribly unfair to make the chilren pay for the mistakes of the adults

Mbarr77

nneedofanswers2 said:
I'm being very mature about this situation but the issue has nothing to do with the child it's the mother. This was done for financial gain. Being in the childs life comes with a big big price tag and deceit should never be rewarded. Not getting into all the specifics it may sound cut and dry but it is far from that. Trapping someone for the bettering of your life and caring less about my child doesn't warrant my sympathy or my maturity. If this child wasn't a pawn for money things would definitely be different.
If this woman is such a horrible person maybe daddy should have thought of that BEFORE he got her pregnant! The child should not have to suffer because two adults do not know how to act. The child deserves to be supported and cared for both financially and emotionally

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
nneedofanswers2 said:
So it's all her fault that your husband was catting around? Oooooooookay. :rolleyes:

CJane

nneedofanswers2 said:
I'm being very mature about this situation but the issue has nothing to do with the child it's the mother. This was done for financial gain. .
Yeah "I refuse to deal with it" is the most mature response possible.

And so is the view that child support is even enough to support a child, let alone result in financial gain at the end of the day.

You're an idiot. Get divorced.

acmb05

nneedofanswers2 said:
Look stupid, YOU are not being mature about this at all. So go out and have an affair and get pregnant then get child support from that babies daddy and that should even everything out so that you do not have to go without something in order for your dumb ass husband to support HIS child.

AHA

nneedofanswers2 said:

WHAT?????????????????? You DIDN'T just say that????? If you are a mother, you should be ashamed of having thoughts and plans like that!!!!

AHA

nneedofanswers2 said:
Jeez, what is it that hubby does that has you so completely fooled and brainwashed?
No man is worth becoming a coldhearted airhead for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">