• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

relocation case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nextwife

THank G-d that Erika MacKinnon wasn't MY mom. I would have been ROBBED of the one of the most important and influential relationships of my life. Disgusting ruling. At minimum, there should be a large bounty/bond to guaranty compliance.

How can such a move NOT negatively affect the father's relationship?

nextwife

I think a major consideration is NJ law that gives CPs lattitude to establish residence and also the fact that Mom had never disobeyed the Order AND is a Japanese citizen.
Which didn't stop her from choosing to come TO the US and have a child here with US citizen. IT's not like dad was trying to force her to move TO the US FROM Japan so he could co-parent. The child is now being removed from the only country and life it has known and from their father.

casa

Which didn't stop her from choosing to come TO the US and have a child here with US citizen. IT's not like dad was trying to force her to move TO the US FROM Japan so he could co-parent. The child is now being removed from the only country and life it has known and from their father.
This case was heard in several courts. The judge was privy to all the facts of the case which we don't know. Many of which include but are not limited to the Dad's overall/ongoing contact with the child...which we have no information about.

And, as an X military wife, and her being from Oki~ One might be able to conclude she married a military man and moved TO the US from HER home country for him.

I think it's dangerous to question a Judge in this~ several judges in fact~ I have Faith they've reviewed the pertinent information in the case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">