• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Relocation of the non-custodial parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cloud09

Can ANYONE help with this please?

What is the name of your state? florida

my boyfriend lives in florida, he is the non-custodial parent and only has every-other-weekend visitation with his 8 yr old son (largely because of his work schedule, he works nights). his son has expressed he wants to live with him and not his mother (the mother new this and was fine with it when the time came she said). my boyfriend wants to relocate to wisconsin. while he is aware that his son wants to live with him full time, he also understands he needs his mother too and was willing to work out an agreement where his son would come live with him over the summers and visit on his winter and spring breaks, with us visiting him in florida in between. his son's mother (he and the mother were never married) refused to even think of such a thing and has since put a petition forth that he cannot take his son out of a 3 county radius from his current residence! is there any options he has in this matter to make it easier on all 3 of them?

Last edited:

L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

From what I have read on these boards, the visitation that your BF is offering/wanting is pretty standard as far as the parents living in different states. Is there not a formal visitation schedule?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">