• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

remove fathers name from the child's birth certificate in Arizona

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jcb2009

I live in Arizona. My question is how can I remove the father's name from my child's birth certificate and change my child's last name to mine? we were together for 2 1/2 years and actually married for 6 months. I was physically abused one time and left immediately. that was two years ago. The father was placed on probation in Arizona for the incident and two years ago he fled to another state, so if he returns his arrest is warranted. For the past two years the father has made no contact what so ever and wants nothing to do with the child, and I want nothing from the father. My question is in Arizona how can I remove the father from the birth certificate and change my child's last name to mine. Thank YouWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Isis1

I live in Arizona. My question is how can I remove the father's name from my child's birth certificate and change my child's last name to mine? we were together for 2 1/2 years and actually married for 6 months. I was physically abused one time and left immediately. that was two years ago. The father was placed on probation in Arizona for the incident and two years ago he fled to another state, so if he returns his arrest is warranted. For the past two years the father has made no contact what so ever and wants nothing to do with the child, and I want nothing from the father. My question is in Arizona how can I remove the father from the birth certificate and change my child's last name to mine. Thank YouWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
nothing removes a name off a legal document except a court order. you will not be able to erase dad out of the picture this way.

if dad concents, you can put in to have a current husband adopt your child.

the state will require a step parent adoption in order to release dad from his legal responisbilities.

it might be possible with the assistance of an attorney to do an involuntary termination of parental rights with a step parent adoption based on abandonment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">