• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repeated false CPs reports from ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JanetD44

What is the name of your state?New York
My husband's ex has called CPS five times on him. 4 of the reports have come back unfounded. The newest one just happened last week. The boys who are 5 and 6 go through undo pain and stress. We are going to go for sole custody. The ex does not follow the court order with telling my husband about school meetings or doctor's appts. What can we do to stop this insane woman from calling CPS all the time? Will the judge change custody? The law guardian is on our side. Thanks

snostar

JanetD44 said:
What can we do to stop this insane woman from calling CPS all the time? Will the judge change custody? The law guardian is on our side. Thanks
Absolutely nothing.
Who knows.

I live in NY, and had more than 20 reports filed against me,during a custody case, all unfounded. CPS has to investigate, just try to be cooperative.

JanetD44 said:
My husband's ex has called CPS five times on him.
My ex did this too. It also was dismissed. CPS has to investigate, but the guy told me they go through it all the time and they know when it's made up by a unhappy parent. I don't know what to tell you about making it stop, but I would definitely ask the judge about it and be sure to take all your info with you.

casa

JanetD44 said:
My husband's ex has called CPS five times on him. 4 of the reports have come back unfounded. The newest one just happened last week. The boys who are 5 and 6 go through undo pain and stress. We are going to go for sole custody. The ex does not follow the court order with telling my husband about school meetings or doctor's appts. What can we do to stop this insane woman from calling CPS all the time? Will the judge change custody? The law guardian is on our side. Thanks
Hmmmm Does she have a brother in CA? :rolleyes: My nuttyX has done this going on 3 1/2 years now...Just cooperate and they'll see through it. You can also contact CPS to see if they prosecute for false reporting in NY. Unfortunately they do not in CA~ so I just have to deal with it.

snostar

casa said:
You can also contact CPS to see if they prosecute for false reporting in NY.
They would if they could prove it; most reports taken when a custody case is pending are allegations. CPS knows this, and the cost to prove an allegation was intentionally falsified outweighs the satisfaction of prosecuting in their eyes. They are still required to investigate all reports, and nothing stops someone from making an anonymous accusation.

julie1

I know what you are going through. I too live in New York and over the last 20 years there have been 15 reports against me, all unfounded. CPS is very well aware of false accusations and the use of these reports in the family court, but they have to do their job either way. The office here "cringes" when our names are brought up. I cooperate with no problem, because I have done nothing wrong. Cases are all unfounded in less than two weeks.

And I would have to agree with other poster. If you have done nothing wrong, just let then do their job. I have also found out that if you have any questions or need any kind of help, they are there for you. That is the service they provide to the family. Use that service if you need it. But also remember if this is a pattern, it will happen again. You can't stop it.

Reyna7

On the Other Side

I am sorry, but CPS in New York is worthless.

All these reports by non custodial parents that are false and just to cause problems, actually hurt cases when there is abuse. You get some workers that are just so sick of the false reports that they sometimes pass over the real ones as being the same.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">