• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Requirements Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KnKsmom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Georgia
i filed a request to modify visitation and childsupport, standard on both. a few things were left out of our original divorce decree. my exhusband replied with a Notice to Produce and a Defendants First Interrogatories to Plaintiff. they request different information. also, a good portion of info requested in confidential and private, such as account #'s, balances, and copies of statements on all credit cards, name address & phone # of all job applications and credit applications, mortgage amount and market value of my house (obtained post seperation), and several other things such as these for the past 3 years. 1. am i required to produce everything they requested? 2. do i have to produce items requested on both articles or only the Notice to Produce? 3. is it legal for them (ex and his attorney) to request such information?
I thought that after the divorce we each had the right to live where we choose to, work where we choose, and spend our money how we choose, free from harassment and interegation from the other party. wouldn't our current income and expenses be the only needed information to configure the state mandated amount of child support. i was not requesting anything above standard rights? thank you for your time.

2Mistakes

Completely legal for them to request it. Yes, you have to provide it unless you can make an objection to the judge and agrees.

My attorney sent discovery to my ex-wife, and we're asking for even more info than that. And may end up having to subpeona her live-in fiance's financials, since it's likely that she is hiding money through him.

KnKsmom

Completely legal for them to request it. Yes, you have to provide it unless you can make an objection to the judge and agrees.

My attorney sent discovery to my ex-wife, and we're asking for even more info than that. And may end up having to subpeona her live-in fiance's financials, since it's likely that she is hiding money through him.
I am confused? how are my account #s and balances relevent? i dont even have a boyfriend. i dont have lots of expensive or new things. its just me and my 2 daughters. and i just do the best i can. i am not sure what he is even trying to prove with this information? should i be worried?:confused:

CJane

I am confused? how are my account #s and balances relevent? i dont even have a boyfriend. i dont have lots of expensive or new things. its just me and my 2 daughters. and i just do the best i can. i am not sure what he is even trying to prove with this information? should i be worried?:confused:
You can properly object to the request. If they REALLY want the information, they can ask the judge to compel you to provide it.

They can ASK for whatever they want to ask for. You should see the interrogatories I got from SuperEx's attorney. Pure craziness.

KnKsmom

thanks to both of you for your input. i am just stressed out and worried. like i said, i dont know what is trying to prove with this info, and the not knowing is really stressful. i already agreed to joint legal custody, but i would not agree to joint physical. they are 4 and 6 yrs old.i think they are to young to shuffle back and forth to much right now. we live in the same town, i have always allowed him and his family to see them whenever they wanted. its mostly his family. he has never asked to get them outside of regular visits. he doesnt even get them the full length of time he is allowed at christmas and none of his 2wks in the summer, ever. i dont understand why if he hasnt taken the opportunities he is already granted why would he go after more visitation? i am just very frustrated because i stayed in GA so they could be near their dad instead of moving back to NC were all my family is. my life would be easier if i had my family to help me. its like no matter how nice i try to be, it just doesnt make any difference......:(

KnKsmom

Are you working? Where and how much have you told him you earn?
I am not working at the moment. i was laid off from job last june and i went back to school. i finished up finals last week and now i am looking for a job. i havent sent any of the requested info yet. however, when i filed for the modification a child support worksheet was done and sent to him. it contained the amount of my unemployment. $285 wk.

KnKsmom

we go to court wednesday, i have to take my responses on the request to produce tomorrow. any advice or info i should know or consider?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">