• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

responding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

justmejordan

You can probably get a description of child support laws through your state domestic relationship web site. I agree that you shouldn't have to PROVE to him how the money is spent, it isn't cheap raising children, however, I do get upset at how the amount is determined. For instance, my b/f had a child out of wed lock to his ex g/f, he pays $640 a month for one baby who is now 6 months old. She obviously had rent, electric, cable and phone bills prior to the baby, but yet those figures get factored into the support amount which is ludicrous because it is no more for her now with that child, OK maybe a little more in electricity for washing the babies clothes. That is the only thing that angers me, it should be for the cost of the child, not for the parents living expenses that the child happens to be with, they should maybe factor in a small percentage for those, but like I mentioned, these are expenses any person would have just for your basic necessity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">