• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restraining order and visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Confused01

What is the name of your state? NY
I have filed a police report and will be seeking a warrant for the arrest of my ex husbands fiance tomorrow morning. She has made death threats via voice mail and emails. I am also requesting an ex parte restraining order. My question is: will this restraining order keep her away from my children? She has made threats to take my children, along with having my body disposed of.

N

NoDiggety

Confused01 said:
What is the name of your state? NY
I have filed a police report and will be seeking a warrant for the arrest of my ex husbands fiance tomorrow morning. She has made death threats via voice mail and emails. I am also requesting an ex parte restraining order. My question is: will this restraining order keep her away from my children? She has made threats to take my children, along with having my body disposed of.
Do you have the threats against the children on a legitimate recording and/or via email? Depending on how your state formats its' Motion for a restraining/protective order, you could list the children as part of the order. Is your ex aware of this? What's his reaction?

Will the RO "keep her away"? It's just a sheet of paper. Some people abide by them. And some people don't.

Confused01

Yes, the ex is aware of the threats and his voice could be heard in the background of the voicemail. She has stated in front of witnesses that she will be their mother when I am no longer in the picture. Police seem to think I have "enough" and have advised on the warrant and the TRO, which I will follow through on. She is getting erratic. I am just unsure on if this will protect my children from this lunatic.

N

NoDiggety

Confused01 said:
Yes, the ex is aware of the threats and his voice could be heard in the background of the voicemail. She has stated in front of witnesses that she will be their mother when I am no longer in the picture. Police seem to think I have "enough" and have advised on the warrant and the TRO, which I will follow through on. She is getting erratic. I am just unsure on if this will protect my children from this lunatic.
Here is a link to the State of New York and links to various protection orders.
http://www.courts.state.ny.us/forms/familycourt/domesticviolence.shtml

You should be able to fill out the applicable one online and then follow the instructions.

BelizeBreeze

Confused01 said:
Then are you not also filing against the ex and an immediate Motion to Modify for supervised visitation or to suspend visitation until the case can be heard?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">