• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restraining Order on X-girlfriend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Stressed&Angry

Pennsylvania: My boyfriend has an angry x who he had a child with. She lies in court, and quite often wins. She harassed me in the past and constantly starts fights on the phone and in person with my boyfriend. She has a history of flipping out and hitting him, something would get broken-she'd call the cops and get a PFA. SHE starts with us-but dispite calling police we really have no proof. Witnesses aren't always enough.

To top it all off-today we went to court on a contempt charge she filed against my boyfriend. She lied and said my boyfriend refused to give the child back at the set custody time, which is a lie. Needless to say, she had a lawyer-we didn't and she's an excellent liar. She also claimed in this court hearing she is being harassed by me when she picks up her daughter-UnTRUE, she starts the arguments with me or my boyfriend.

Would I or my boyfriend be able to get a restraining order against her now for her past behavior or do we have to wait until she STRIKES AGAIN? Also, if a restraining order would be obtainable how would custody visits be worked out when transfering the child to the other? Also, if not a restraining order-would he be able to ask the court to have custody pickup/dropoff be supervised? Would someone have to pay for someone to supervise?

LegalBeagle

I suggest you carry a tape recorder with you at all times.. video tape all exchanges, and record all telephone calls. Just make her aware of the recording at the beginning of the calls.

S

Stressed&Angry

Thanks for advice LegalBegal

Thanks for your advice, I will definately start recording her at all times. We are running out of solutions with this wacko. He is at the point now he might actually sign his rights over if things don't get any better. He's so aggravated and said he'll just let his daughter decide when she is old enough, and he'll explain why. He doesn't want to go through court proceedings several times a year until the child is old enough. All of which his X enjoys. Maybe if he just tells her he'll sign over his rights she'll back off! She don't want him to give up his rights, then she can't harass him and mess with his life!!! What do you think? Until then, we will definately take your advice!!!! Thank you sooo much!!

Stressed&Angry

[Edited by Stressed&Angry on 07-19-2001 at 07:03 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">