On 13 october 1988 the alaska attorney general motioned the superior court for a retroactive modification order against me claiming unusual circumstances. the order was issued 1 november 1988 and effective back to 7june 1988, with an original arrearage showing owed of nearly $10,000.00. I challenged the order and it was defended by the attorney general as an "attempt to set sum certain" however there was aleady an order in place specifying an agreed amount by myself and my ex(within state guidelines) and that order had been signed just a few months prior to the "set sum " order. What's the difference in a set sum certain order and a retroactive modification and is there any way to get a correction to such an old order? The modified order eventually caused me to have a substantial arrearage showing owed.