• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reverse custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

navymom14

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ky
I am in the navy and when i enlisted my recruiter told me i had to give up custody of my daughter to my parents in order to enlist. once i was in the navy i found out that i only had to give my parents guardianship for while i was in bootcamp and training. ive been trying to get custody of my daughter back and my parents are willing to give me custody back but since i am stationed in california and my daughter is in kentucky i cant exactly go to court for the custody hearing. how do i go about getting custody of my daughter with out hiring a lawyer and paying a ton of money?

navymom14

my daughters father doesnt have custody because he is 19 has 2 kids and no job. so why would i give him custody? plus he never sees her anyways even though she is at his grandmothers 3 days a week.

Proserpina

my daughters father doesnt have custody because he is 19 has 2 kids and no job. so why would i give him custody? plus he never sees her anyways even though she is at his grandmothers 3 days a week.

...because he's her FATHER and his rights by far trump grandmother's.

Was he even aware of this custody change?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
'Cause you thought he was fine & dandy to knock boots and make a child with? He has more right to HIS child than your Mommy does.

ecmst12

And at this point HE has a better chance and is in a better place to get custody then you, since your butt is owned by the government and could not provide a stable home for a child. What happens when you get deployed, or restationed overseas?

LdiJ

And at this point HE has a better chance and is in a better place to get custody then you, since your butt is owned by the government and could not provide a stable home for a child. What happens when you get deployed, or restationed overseas?
I disagree a bit. She isn't fighting her parents for custody. They are willing to give it back to her. All they have to do is submit a stipulated agreement to the court under the same case number they already have.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">