• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Revision of Custody Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gentrymd

Considering revision of custody agreement. 1994 MO Custody agreement gives me as father of two minor children joint physical and legal custody (every other week). However; based on ex-wifes earnings per month ($500) and mine ($3,200) as of 07/94 ex-wife to receive $700 a month in child support.

As joint custodial parent I've always had a problem paying support. Are there any keys to get this agreement revised so that I wouldn't have to pay any? I would like to sned children to private schools but can't afford to because of support agreement.

LegalBeagle

gentrymd said:
Considering revision of custody agreement. 1994 MO Custody agreement gives me as father of two minor children joint physical and legal custody (every other week). However; based on ex-wifes earnings per month ($500) and mine ($3,200) as of 07/94 ex-wife to receive $700 a month in child support.

As joint custodial parent I've always had a problem paying support. Are there any keys to get this agreement revised so that I wouldn't have to pay any? I would like to sned children to private schools but can't afford to because of support agreement.
The point of this money is to ensure that the children have an equal standard of life in both homes.. however, I personally think that is a huge amount considering the figures. You might want to retain a local attorney for a complete review and possible petition to change.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">