• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

revoking guardianship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mkmartinez

What is the name of your state? Washington.

I reside in Vancouver Washington, and my children live in california. My father and his wife have guradianship of my two boys and I want to revoke the guardianship. how do I go about that?

rmet4nzkx

mk******ez said:
What is the name of your state? Washington.

I reside in Vancouver Washington, and my children live in california. My father and his wife have guradianship of my two boys and I want to revoke the guardianship. how do I go about that?
There is a reason your father has custody and why you have failed to meet the court's requirements. Please give us all the relevent facts as to what has happened and why you think your custody should be returned since you have fialed in the past to comply with the court orders in CA? CA law applies to this question not WA.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=274498

mkmartinez

revoking guardianship from a pyscho father!!!

yes there is a reason I moved to washington, I needed to get things in order get a job you know and find my own place to live you know.But my dad is a ahole! look I just need to know how do I go about on revoking it, I want my children home.My father is telling my children they are to never aloud to see their mother again. I am not a drug addict I am not an alcoholic, I work for a living I have my own home, I'm a college graduate. So please how do I start this thing going.

mkmartinez

how do I petition a guardianship?

how do I get a petition from the ca courts when I reside in Vancouver Wa? Should I just contact the legal aid in Santa maria? Or can I just go to the court house over here and get the documents I need. And yes I have complied with the court orders. The court order was that I get a job, go to some type of college, and have my own place. And I've done that all. I am so tired of fighting with my father and his wife. My father is to controling, he will do anything to keep controlling me, keeping my children is his way of controlling my life. And his wife she only wants my children for the money. They wont even let me have my children over here for holidays. There is no court order for visitation. I have the court papers that say that. So that means I can have my children for visitation anytime right?

CJane

mk******ez said:
how do I get a petition from the ca courts when I reside in Vancouver Wa?
Use a search engine such as google and see if the forms are available online. Or, call the court house in the appropriate county and find out if they can mail/fax you the appropriate forms.

Should I just contact the legal aid in Santa maria?
Legal aid probably won't be of much assistance since you're out of state.

Or can I just go to the court house over here and get the documents I need.
No, the forms are most likely state specific.

There is no court order for visitation. I have the court papers that say that. So that means I can have my children for visitation anytime right?
It means that you can have access to the children on THEIR terms and at THEIR discretion. They're apparently not ordered to allow you any access at all.

mkmartinez

revoking guardianship from a pyscho father!!!

but I can still get a petition to revoke the guardianship right?

rmet4nzkx

mk******ez said:
but I can still get a petition to revoke the guardianship right?
You can contact the probate court in the County Superior court by phone and access all California Court forms via
http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/forms.cgi
Legal aid will not represent you so you will have to obtain an attorney.
You better be sure that you have fully complied with the courts orders and established a stable environment for your child, and your poste to date don't reflect that.

Your order does not include visitation much less allowing out of state visitation and most likely before the judge changes the guardianship you will have to go through a transition period.

Thus far, your attitude does not fare well for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">