• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Revoking Temporary Guardianship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cornered1268

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ALABAMA vs KENTUCKY
Is there a form or letter format that can be used to revoke or end temporary guardianship? The temporary guardianship is not court appointed I have legal custody of the child but I gave my mother 'temporary guardianship' for school purposes while my child was in Alabama. Now it is no longer needed.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

Is there a form or letter format that can be used to revoke or end temporary guardianship? The temporary guardianship is not court appointed I have legal custody of the child but I gave my mother 'temporary guardianship' for school purposes while my child was in Alabama. Now it is no longer needed.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You said it was not court "appointed" but was it signed off on by a judge?

If it was signed off on by a judge then you need to file in court to revoke the guardianship.

If it was not signed off on by a judge, then it was never legal, and you just need to pick up your children, and write your mother a letter revoking the temporary guardianship.

Isis1

you stated it was not court appointed temporary guardianship. if it's not filed with the court with a judge's signature...it doesn't exist.

ecmst12

I don't even see why you'd need to write a letter, your mom never had legal guardianship at all. You still have sole custody. Go pick your child up and don't even bother arguing about it.

refer to the original letter and try this format:

put the date and time on the top, upper right hand corner

RE:temporary guardianship of ___________________

To whom it may concern:

Please be advised effective immediately, any and all such prior rights, privileges and authorizations regarding the temporary guardianship of __________________are revoked as of the date of this letter. This revocation of the original temporary guardianship dated __________ and previously issued to ____________________{name of person you gave temp guardianship}supercedes any and/or all prior arrangements or agreements and is to be enacted and followed immediately and henceforth.

any and all decisions, correspondence, authorizations or questions are to be referred directly and only to________________________{put your name and/or anyone else that is allowed to do whatever}

Please see the below contact information{put down the contact info for yourself}

Thank you,

{your name, signature}

i would say type this up anyway b/c my mom tried to use a letter i gave her against me, it was only to take my daughter to appointments b/c i couldnt.....just cover your bases is all....but yes go get your child, if there is nothing legally established in court, then no one has any right to keep your child from you.

Last edited:

cornered1268

I really appreciate this. Thank you so much! With this woman-you have to do EVERYTHING in writing as she is vindictive. Is there anything I can do if she and her husband have been harassing me-calling my job, called my husbands previous employer (when he was employed), made false calls to CPS and tries to play me against the father of my older children (I have letters and voicemails to prove it).

AkersTile

I really appreciate this. Thank you so much! With this woman-you have to do EVERYTHING in writing as she is vindictive. Is there anything I can do if she and her husband have been harassing me-calling my job, called my husbands previous employer (when he was employed), made false calls to CPS and tries to play me against the father of my older children (I have letters and voicemails to prove it).
Liandra are you posting under a different name? LOL.

OP~ Do a search on LiandraJade's threads and read through them. You will get a lot of good advice from them. She just went through this.

Liandra are you posting under a different name? LOL.

OP~ Do a search on LiandraJade's threads and read through them. You will get a lot of good advice from them. She just went through this.
huh??? remember brain cells are kinda loopy right now?? my username isnt coming up right???:p:p:p:p

oooh wait you were making a joke omg....duh...see this is what happens when youre 7 mths pregnant and youve only slept 4 hrs in 3 days.....lmao....

Isis1

huh??? remember brain cells are kinda loopy right now?? my username isnt coming up right???:p:p:p:p

oooh wait you were making a joke omg....duh...see this is what happens when youre 7 mths pregnant and youve only slept 4 hrs in 3 days.....lmao....
i'm jealous. you still have brain cells left!!!

document everything!!!! i meant it, keep a little notebook/binder or whatever and write down everything, i have a freaking huuuuuge binder with a timeline of events, things that happened, i have copies and originals of everything and anything this woman aka "the grandmother" tried to use against me, including CPS too, i have the closed case letters everything....

never under estimate the lengths a "grandparent" will go to as i found out....my childs grandmother PERJURED herself in court and in her petition, im still trying to wrap my head around that one...lol... oh yes my favorite line....while we were in trial...she had the balls to say "oh i love my daughter but she is just not a good mother, im just saying the truth......no im NOT kidding....this is the woman who gave BIRTH to me....nice right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">