• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Revoking Temporary Guardianship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alyciad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I gave temporary guardianship of my son to a non family member in Houston, TX. I moved to Florida and brought my son with me. Because she had filed the temporary guardianship in court (which I was not fully aware of) I had to return my son to Texas or face kidnapping charges. I have since learned that she threatens my son if he does not call her "Mama" and she is not allowing my family to have any kind of contact with him at all. I need to know what steps I need to take to have this guardianship revoked and are there any do it yourself forms that I can complete to petition the court?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I gave temporary guardianship of my son to a non family member in Houston, TX. I moved to Florida and brought my son with me. Because she had filed the temporary guardianship in court (which I was not fully aware of) I had to return my son to Texas or face kidnapping charges. I have since learned that she threatens my son if he does not call her "Mama" and she is not allowing my family to have any kind of contact with him at all. I need to know what steps I need to take to have this guardianship revoked and are there any do it yourself forms that I can complete to petition the court?
If it was voluntary on your part, it should be fairly easy to revoke it. File a motion to revoke the guardianship asap.

joe.s

i am assuming it is a form called ''motion to disolve tempoary injunction''

maybe someone here can validate this for you .

also there are blank motions you can file with courts in what you are looking for , or asking the courts to look into aking a updated decision.

if all else fails , im sure legal aid can assist you in helping fill out your forms the correct way

good luck

joe

edit; i dont want to give you mis information, so i hope someone can come on here , and let me know if im correct/wrong to steer you in the correct direction

Last edited:

LdiJ

i am assuming it is a form called ''motion to disolve tempoary injunction''

maybe someone here can validate this for you .

also there are blank motions you can file with courts in what you are looking for , or asking the courts to look into aking a updated decision.

if all else fails , im sure legal aid can assist you in helping fill out your forms the correct way

good luck

joe

edit; i dont want to give you mis information, so i hope someone can come on here , and let me know if im correct/wrong to steer you in the correct direction
That would NOT be the correct form. "Injunction" has nothing to do with it.

It would be a motion to revoke temporary guardianship, and there likely is not a preprinted form for that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">