• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ri - ex-wife doesn't work should I still ask for support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

opie

Here is the short version. After the divorce the ex took the kids and had them in 4 different schools in 2 years.
After she got evicted and car got reposesed. She joined the servie. I got custody of my 2 girls and she left. (I have pysical custody, but we have joint custidy for visitation)
I never went after child support because she called very rarely and I figured out of sight out of mind. Well she is back in town, making demands so I am wondering If I should take her to court to rework the visitation and ask for child support.(she doesn't have a job she lives with her parents and has a bench warrant, and owes people lots of money) Is it still worth going to court just to settle everything and get it writing to stop all the BS?

Thanks for listnening. Just one more note she says she wants the girls back.(It just makes me sick that she leaves the kids for 2 years hardly ever called, the kids have been in a stable home, girlscouts, softball and she doesn't have a place to live and she wants them back. I am afraid of what the courts might do because she is a Woman(mother).

S

Stephandnorb

As a mother who tries very hard to raise my child right, I would tell you to go to court and get your custody setteled. If you can prove that she has not created a stable environment then hopefully you could win. It doesn't always work the women's way just because they are female. Good Luck

Ambr

There is a case law that i am trying to find for you. It basically says that once you have been made the CP, that it is accepted that you are still suitable as the CP and that the NCP would have to prove you unfit for their to be a change of circumstance to allow for change of custody.

The fact that she popped in and out of their life will haunt her, especially the no-contact.

I'll keep looking and get it to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">