• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rights of father? (if not on birth certificate)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Silverplum

fairisfair said:
not hardly, he can petition for visitation any time he wants, and he can be awarded visitation at given times when the court determines it.
I'm glad you wrote something here to clarify, fairisfair. :)

AHA

cooloonka said:
and will the wife's income be included in determining what daddy pays for child support?
I distinctly read that you didn't want any cs, what's up with this new "plan"?
He's good enough to pay for a kid, but not to share it?

cooloonka

lastly. my sister seems to be in a similar situation but i am siding with the father of ny nephew and not her.

my nephew is 7 and his father is not on the birth certificate and has not been court ordered to pay child support. however he has been making weekly payments and had weekly visitation since the child was born.
now my sister is married to a man whose conduct is questionable at best. he does not work. he is a bum. and yes what a wonderful family i have to save you the crytical typing. isn't life wonderful.....

so what should my nephew's father do in order to obtain some form of legal custody? he is a wonderful father and i am afraid he has been misinformed due to the answers i have recieved today.

AHA

cooloonka said:
so what should my nephew's father do in order to obtain some form of legal custody? he is a wonderful father and i am afraid he has been misinformed due to the answers i have recieved today.
He gets a lawyer, files for custody and hopes for the best.

Now, get back to your case and answer the questions.

cooloonka

who wouldn't want cs if all the other crap is inevitable? however i didn't know the inevitable until moments ago. the wonderment of law forums.

cooloonka

its about wanting to educate myself about something very important. not wanting to make 2,3,4,5, mistakes. 1 is enough

cooloonka

he should definately have to buy groceries and clothes with me. it takes two to tango for sure. and two to pay the bills

Silverplum

cooloonka said:
who wouldn't want cs if all the other crap is inevitable? however i didn't know the inevitable until moments ago. the wonderment of law forums.
If you don't mind, I'd like to redirect your thinking a bit:

Having a father? Is not crap.
Knowing where one came from? Is not crap.
Half your baby's genes? Gee, I dunno. Can a kid be half-crap? What ARE you going to teach the kid? It's entirely up to you.

AHA

cooloonka said:
think harder.
Take your own advice and focus on the best interests of the kid (two parents, family etc), not how much cash you can get from the different "scenarios".

MrsK

cooloonka said:
its not all about the $$$$$. think harder.
I urge you to do the same. And by "harder", what I mean is "about adoption". Please, oh please. You need to think about what is best for your child and obviously that is not being raised by you, playing tug of war with the kiddo to get back @ daddy, his money, his wife, and her money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">