• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

School enrollment and presenting custody order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
My second question is relating to when the regular school year starts.

The order says that dad has access on each Thursday during the regular school term when school is dismissed to Friday when school resumes.
1st 3rd and 5th weekends beginning Friday when school is dismissed to Monday when school resumes.
There is also a section that states weekend extended by holiday, student holiday, teacher in service day. If a student holiday/teacher inservice day falls on a Friday of the possessory conservators weekend, that weekend shall begin on Thursday when school is dismissed.

It also states that this is to be determined by the school in which the child is enrolled.

On the school calendar, next week is ALL teacher inservice days/student holidays. The first day of school is listed as '1st day of term 1, semester 1)

Since the school designates next week as 'teacher inservice/student holiday' am I to interpret this order to mean that my daughter is to go to her father's Sunday night (the evening before the student holiday) and will not be returned until a week later on Monday 'when school resumes'?

The weekend before school starts is the 3rd weekend, which is her weekend at her dad's.

I know this sounds VERY petty and I'm sure there are lots of rolling eyes... Trust me, I rolled my eyes too when I looked at the calendar... But we were in a horrid modification for almost 5 years (see above is still not 'final') and the petty nitpicky things are still going on. I have calmed down a lot over the last few years but unfortunately the other side is still very angry and continues to cause problems and complains about everything. So this is actually very minor.

If her father doesn't say anything to me about picking her up at all this week, I am not going to say anything first. If he picks her up on Friday at 6 as planned for his summer access.. I am wondering if he will interpret the order to mean, he gets to keep her until Monday when school resumes instead of returning her at 6pm on Sunday, per the summer schedule.

Does school start on Monday, the first day? Or on Monday the first day of teacher inservice?
Inservice days don't count as the children attending school. A student's 180 days starts when school starts and they are required to be present. That's their first day of school.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
However, since the Friday BEFORE that weekend is a teacher in-service day, you might want to plan on his possibly picking kiddo up on Thursday.

TxPE2011

Daughter is enrolled in school.

I guess it depends on who you get in the school office because the lady on the phone and the lady who helped me today, had different opinions but it worked out.

Thanks for all the replies and help

As far as what to expect over the weekend, I decided to just accept whatever takes place and be prepared for anything to happen as far as how her father interprets the order.

Thanks again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">