• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

School pick up/drop off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daddytj

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI

My order states visitation and it also states that we agree on all schooling activities.

My question is simple - My daughter is 3 and I have promised her I would be at the bus stop in the morning when she goes to school.

There are plenty of other problems being hashed out right now but is this in general a problem or something my ex could try to use against me? I am doing nothing but telling my daughter to have a good day and hugging/kissing her goodbye.

I am very involved in her life, met with her teacher etc.

Also if I wanted to would it be OK if I picked her up from school and dropped her off at her moms house? instead of her taking the bus home.

Hisbabygirl77

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI

My order states visitation and it also states that we agree on all schooling activities.

My question is simple - My daughter is 3 and I have promised her I would be at the bus stop in the morning when she goes to school.

There are plenty of other problems being hashed out right now but is this in general a problem or something my ex could try to use against me? I am doing nothing but telling my daughter to have a good day and hugging/kissing her goodbye.

I am very involved in her life, met with her teacher etc.

Also if I wanted to would it be OK if I picked her up from school and dropped her off at her moms house? instead of her taking the bus home.
This is what your third post? Please keep it all on one post and give everyone a chance to answer.

daddytj

This is what your third post? Please keep it all on one post and give everyone a chance to answer.

All separate questions.

While it may seem like it would be easier to just throw every single thing together in one big giant post it is not conducive to getting all questions answered.

I suppose if you don't appreciate it to just not respond.

Hisbabygirl77

All separate questions.

While it may seem like it would be easier to just throw every single thing together in one big giant post it is not conducive to getting all questions answered.

You can ask many question on one post. The problem with you making this new thread if someone hasnt read your other threads they wouldnt know that currently there is a TRO against you and could give you the wrong answer based on that lack of knowledge. Dont get snippy when people are trying to help you.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
All separate questions.

Then don't feel slighted if you don't get any answers. We won't go chasing all over the forum for your posts. :rolleyes:

daddytj

I wasn't snippy. I don't feel snippy at least.

The reason I did this separately is because I'd like any responses to not consider the TRO.

I obviously will not be doing any of this while the TRO is in place but I'm interested in what people who may know or have an idea would think about this.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I wasn't snippy. I don't feel snippy at least.

The reason I did this separately is because I'd like any responses to not consider the TRO.

I obviously will not be doing any of this while the TRO is in place but I'm interested in what people who may know or have an idea would think about this.
The TRO matters however and we cannot hazard a guess as to when it will not matter. When it has been overturned come back and let us know what any orders state at that time.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You may want responders to ignore the TRO against you, but we can't.

It is unlikely that you can stay at the bus stop and have contact with a 3yo w/o violating the TRO against you. The child is going to be right by the mother - who you are restrained from approaching, apparently.

It is a terrible idea for you to pick up the child from school w/o Mom's knowledge and consent. You already have shown the court that you have a propensity for taking the child out of state, and have threatened to do so again. Remove the child from school? Expect to have an Amber Alert issued against you. And then to never see the child unsupervised again.

Mom may not be a peach, but you've caused most of your problems yourself. Don't cause more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">