• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Self Filing/HOUSTON, TEXAS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jmc77344

Hi!
I am a low-income single parent,cannot afford an attorney at the moment, I would like to know if I can file paperwork on my own without using an attorney.

The paperwork I would like to file are Sole Managing Custodial Parent

I want to be the only custodial parent.

There is a Modification on file and there is a Temporary order on my 2 older children all this was done during a Child Support Case in court.

Divorced since 1992 I was the Custodial Parent. Then, what happend is that I have 4 girls 7,10,11 and 12
the 11 and 12 year old decided to live with their father and his attorney Filed a Temporary order, a month later my 12 year old came back, now we had court on Monday May 21st, and he did not show, so now there is a warrant for his arrest, so now I want to file paperwork on MY OWN, to be Sole Managing Parent, only Custodial Parent, Ever since we have in this Child support dispute, he never complied with his visitation rights. Since I do not have money to hire an attorney I would like to do what I have to do on my own.

PLEASE I AM DESPEREATE TO GET MY 11 YEAR OLD BACK.

HOUSTON, TEXAS

R

ROB6465

self filing

My wife and I also want to file a modification for child custody.My wife has joint custody of her 2 boys(ages 14&16)but the boys live with their father.My wife and I get the boys everyother weekend and every wednesday(during school time).We hired a lawyer but truly cannot afford to pay her to seek the modification.Both boys have signed affidavits stating they want to live with us and that their father is very mentally abusive and twice has tried to choke the youngest.

What is a temporary order? Can we ask for that and possible get the boys till a hearing for modification comes up? The boys' father does not spend 1 cent(no exageration) on these boys.We provide their clothes,haircuts,lunch money,etc.We are thinking about filing the temp order ourselves but want to know what to expect.

please help me with your answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">