• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

serving a declartion response, WHEN< WHO HOW?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LuvRPgrl

What is the name of your state? California (GOLDEN state!) still, honest!

My ex filed an ex parte motion. Her requests were denied, but our regular court was "dark" so another judge heard the case. He said, to make sure, you should see the regular judge in this case, so he scheduled another hearing.

I want to file a declarative response, and bring up a couple of issues. I filed it with the court, but I need to know if I have to mail one to her, and if anyone knows the number of days in advance she is suppose to receive it, and how many days before the court date I should file with the clerk.

thanks, in advance,,,Ron K

casa

LuvRPgrl said:
What is the name of your state? California (GOLDEN state!) still, honest!

My ex filed an ex parte motion. Her requests were denied, but our regular court was "dark" so another judge heard the case. He said, to make sure, you should see the regular judge in this case, so he scheduled another hearing.

I want to file a declarative response, and bring up a couple of issues. I filed it with the court, but I need to know if I have to mail one to her, and if anyone knows the number of days in advance she is suppose to receive it, and how many days before the court date I should file with the clerk.

thanks, in advance,,,Ron K
Anything you file must be served upon the other party. Usually all documents/filings must be filed/served at least 2 business days prior to any hearings.

You can go to the court website and read about proof of service re; serving your X with the documents.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">