• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Serving Time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tifani25

What is the name of your state? FL

My ex is currently serving time in a state prison for a couple drug charges and violating probation constantly since the beginning of this year. Before going to prison he was a very absent father always on the run form the law, and usually had a warrant out for his arrest. He did not see the children for the entire year before he was locked up. He has not paid child support in the five years we have not been together, and the courts are not helping me retrieve it. I am to the point of asking for all parental rights of my ex be revoked. I have heard conflicting things in reguards to having this done. I believe that he is not a good role model for our children and is potentially dangerous in the sense that he has a substance abuse problem, which can alter his thinking causing an accident or neglect. Up to this point I have spoken to others about this, but no one can give me a definate answer.

What can I do as the custodial parent to ask that his rights be revoked?

If his rights can not be revoked how can I go about getting supervised visitation?

Can I insist on parenting classes and random frequent drug testing?

If he does not adhere to the court enforced classes and testing can I then have his rights revoked?

At what point is the non-custodial parent considered abandoning the children?

How much time away from the children without contact must there be for it to be considered abandonment?

Being as there is a documented substance abuse problem can that help in my case to have all rights and visitation revoked for the best interst of the children?

What forms do I need to file in order to get a hearing and all of the issues documented concerning visitation and custody?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">