• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Set Aside Voluntary Declaration of Paternity Denied :O

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
There is nothing to appeal - the judge followed the law. See California Family Code section 7575

ETA: I'll make it easy for you. Go here and scroll down: http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/waisgate?WAISdocID=10552310666+0+0+0&WAISaction=retrieve

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California - Orange County

Ok I really really need help on this one.

I was talked into signing a voluntary declaration of paternity on an 8 year old child which I and the mother both knew was not for the sake of 'if something happens to her mother nobody will take care of her' shortly after this document was signed she sabotaged the relationship with me and came after me for child support for Her daughter. I filed a motion to set aside the declaration of paternity and the judge denied it for the fact that the child did live with me and her mother for a year and a half and that we were a family unit and its in the best interest of the child that I remain accountable. What i failed to mention is that the mother was previously married to another man for 6 years and lived with for 6 years where that child called that man daddy... (but no declaration of paternity) so as far as im concerned if were talking whos been more of a parent and best interest.... i dont think I should be looked at as the dominant figure in her life. I need to find a way to appeal this decision... i dont know what to do... HELP!!!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Help, what. You swore that the little girl was yours even though you KNEW she wasn't.

Live with it now ~ yep, you dug the hole, and you're whole life you'll be that little girl's dad. So my suggestion to you is to be the best dad you can be. Support and visit the child. Remember that little girl had nothing to do with your lies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I pointed you to the LAW. Read it yourself.

Oh...but I did forget something:

CONGRATULATIONS DADDY!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">