• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Several False CPS Reports

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
I am writing for my cousin, she has custody of her nephew and the birth father keeps filing false CPS reports on her. Everytime they come out to investigate they end up apologizing and they close the reports "unfounded". He is constantly harrassing her. What can be done and she wants to know if she can sue him or something.
Thanks for your time

CourtClerk

Well seeing as if CPS referrals and reports are confidential, she has no way of proving it was he that filed the complaints....

TinkerBelleLuvr

Let the CPS reports show that there is NO abuse. In my X's case, they came back to bite him. The repeated visits were seen as emotional abuse on HIS part. ;)

TinkerBelleLuvr

In my case, there was an open court case going on. The GF and GF's mother (of the X) were trying pretty hard. Then the X got into the mix of it all.

So, when my visitor showed up AGAIN, I apologized profusely that valuable resources were being used in a custody issue.

Now, my X and I remain in a high conflict divorce situation. I prefer to be left alone and he just keeps pushing cuz he can't control the situation. The higher ups gave him an ultimatum. Allow the move or HE would be considered abusive. In the end, it worked out okay and I haven't had anymore visitors.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">