• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

With shared legal custody can she move without telling me or providing an address

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
With shared legal custody can she move without telling me or providing an address
Yes she can move anywhere she pleases .

Where is she moving to ?

If out oof State, the taking and keeping of the child is another story .

Read here :

[U]http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/documents/CriminalCustodialInterference.pdf[/U]

What does your court orders specifically say about moveaways ?

What are the orders on visitations ?

What is her reason(s) ?

Last edited:

Silverplum

What is her reason(s) ?
Nothing against Adorable BL here, but...

IMHO, there are NO acceptable reasons for keeping one parent in the dark as to the whereabouts of their shared child.

NONE.

I don't care if this broad is in the witness protection program. I don't care if she has a mean ex-boyfriend from whom she wants to hide. If she can't provide regular, predictable access to their shared child, she ought not have custody.

BL

Nothing against Adorable BL here, but...

IMHO, there are NO acceptable reasons for keeping one parent in the dark as to the whereabouts of their shared child.

NONE.

I don't care if this broad is in the witness protection program. I don't care if she has a mean ex-boyfriend from whom she wants to hide. If she can't provide regular, predictable access to their shared child, she ought not have custody.
I agree. If a parent doesn't like joint legal , tough .

Both parents need to talk about and disclose important informations .

The poster needs to answer some questions though.

In addition to other questions , what age(s) is/are the child(ren) ?

proud_parent

The child has to be in imminent danger .

The mother would need to have a police report and an OOP .

My point in asking those questions is that Pennsylvania overhauled its custody laws, effective this past January. The new section on relocation is very detailed, and includes this:

§ 5337. Relocation
(c) Notice.--

(3) Except as provided by section 5336 (relating to access to records and information), the following information, if available, must be included with the notice of the proposed relocation:
(i) The address of the intended new residence.
(ii) The mailing address, if not the same as the address of the intended new residence.

(iii) Names and ages of the individuals in the new residence, including individuals who intend to live in the new residence.
(iv) The home telephone number of the intended new residence, if available.
(v) The name of the new school district and school.
(vi) The date of the proposed relocation.
(vii) The reasons for the proposed relocation.
(viii) A proposal for a revised custody schedule.
(ix) Any other information which the party proposing the relocation deems appropriate.
(x) A counter-affidavit as provided under subsection (d)(1) which can be used to object to the proposed relocation and the modification of a custody order.
(xi) A warning to the nonrelocating party that if the nonrelocating party does not file with the court an objection to the proposed relocation within 30 days after receipt of the notice, that party shall be foreclosed from objecting to the relocation.

The above referenced section on records and information includes this:
§ 5336. Access to records and information.
(a) General rule.--Except as provided in subsections (b) and (c):
(1) A party granted sole or shared legal custody under section 5323 (relating to award of custody) shall be provided access to:
(i) the medical, dental, religious and school records of the child;
(ii) the address of the child and any other party; and
(iii) any other information that the court deems necessary or proper.
(2) Access to any records and information pertaining to the child may not be denied solely based upon a parent's physical custody schedule.
(3) Upon request, a parent, party or entity possessing any information set forth in paragraph (1) shall provide it to any party granted sole or shared legal custody.
(b) Nondisclosure of confidential information.--The court shall not order the disclosure of any of the following information to any parent or party granted custody:
(1) The address of a victim of abuse.

(2) Confidential information from an abuse counselor or shelter.
(3) Information protected under Chapter 67 (relating to domestic and sexual violence victim address confidentiality).

The full text of this chapter can be found here:
http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/LI/CT/HTM/23/00.053..HTM

BL

My point in asking those questions is that Pennsylvania overhauled its custody laws, effective this past January. The new section on relocation is very detailed, and includes this:

The above referenced section on records and information includes this:

The full text of this chapter can be found here:
http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/LI/CT/HTM/23/00.053..HTM
OK , but the abuse would have to in the legal system .

I'm mom were to just relocate and say he was abusive and I don't want him to know the address , it wouldn't fly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">