• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

shared physical custody parenting plan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

curiousdad1

What is the name of your state? Ct

Does anyone already have a good shared physical custody parenting plan in effect that works well ? If so could you post it ..My ex and I have agreed to go from joint custody with her as the CP to shared physical custody between the two of us and we want to just make sure that all the gorunds are covered when we submit the papers. Thanks for any help that you can share.

tigger22472

Are we talking 50/50 here?

If so, make sure of the following

1. Day of switch is specified (as well as it would be nice to have a 'no later than' time)

2. A move away clause or something keeping the child/ren in a school district which would prevent one of you moving or moving too far. That keeps the child stable and puts the burden on the parent as it should be.

3. Specify that parents should consult on ALL activities and agree before child is enrolled.

I will have to get out my hubby's mod that he filed for because we went over all those things but those are off the top of my head

curiousdad1

YEs it is 50/50..We have been doing it now for about a year and a half already and I finally got her to agree to make it legal and she agreed.

tigger22472

curiousdad1 said:
YEs it is 50/50..We have been doing it now for about a year and a half already and I finally got her to agree to make it legal and she agreed.

If you've already been doing it I wouldn't add too many things simply so it doesn't tick her off and she change her mind.

Lloo

I know with mine, it states we have Joint Legal Custody and Joint physical custody, I being the primary, the father being secondary.....
my husband hasn't visited the kids so I can't say how it would have worked but our is supposed to work out as his time is every other weekend, easter and thankgiving breaks odd years, Christmas breaks even years and 6 weeks in the summer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">