• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is she allowed to leave?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jadecaviles

What is the name of your state? Virginia

My friend's ex-girlfriend has decided to move to FL and take their son along. He currently has visitation. He visits with his son on Wednesdays and overnight every weekend. He has his son when the Mother goes on vacations or trips, also. The two of them we never married. He had been paying child support on his own (since the child was a few months old. The child is now 6.) then it became state ordered. Would it be in his documentation whether or not she could leave the state with their son?

Is there somewhere I can find out these things on the web, short of going to a law library? I have been searching but I am not sure I am using the right key words.

I did look for other postings concerning this but none of them seemed to pertain to the state of Virginia.

Thank you in advance for your prompt attention to this matter.

nextwife

He should get to court and file for a fixed visitation schedule and an emergancy injunction to halt her move until this can be addressed.

J

jadecaviles

thank you

Virginia is the state.

Thank you very much for your help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">