• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

She left when i have Temporary Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrfamily136

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon. Have the temporary custody. Child was taken to New York. Final hearing is 22nd of September. She filed telephone hearing request form and didnt fill out dates correctly or the paper fully. How do i use that to my advantage?

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon. Have the temporary custody. Child was taken to New York. Final hearing is 22nd of September. She filed telephone hearing request form and didnt fill out dates correctly or the paper fully. How do i use that to my advantage?

You will not be able to "use" simple clerical errors "to your advantage".

mrfamily136

You will not be able to "use" simple clerical errors "to your advantage".
It wasn't just simple clerical errors. She put that she served me the request on the 22nd of September. That she filled it out September 22nd. And did not complete two lines of questions and check boxes pertaining to whether or not i oppose

mrfamily136

It wasn't just simple clerical errors. She put that she served me the request on the 22nd of September. That she filled it out September 22nd. And did not complete two lines of questions and check boxes pertaining to whether or not i oppose
Add to that i have an Immediate Danger Temporary Order served on her with Writ of Assistance from the sheriff's department and she fled state lines from Oregon to New York.

mrfamily136

Add to that i have an Immediate Danger Temporary Order served on her with Writ of Assistance from the sheriff's department and she fled state lines from Oregon to New York.
My daughter is 11. She resided with her grandparents the last 3 years while her mother was on a drug binge. My wife and i have been transitioning her into our home with the intent for her to live permanently. Her mother showed up on the grandparents door homeless and destitute. We filed for custody immediately and served her mother. She soon there after removed my daughter from the grandparents and couch surfed with my daughter. Grandpa called me to notify me of her intent to leave the state of Oregon where we all reside and head to New York. We immediately filed for Immediate Danger Custody and was granted the order. We tried to get her but her mother wouldn't allow us into home. We then filed a writ of assistance with the sheriff's office and were granted that as well. Then couldn't locate them. We found out that they moved to New York through a request for telephonic appearance for our final custody hearing on the 22nd. She put down as the reasoning behind the request that she lives 3000 miles away in Bemus Point New York. So now what

mrfamily136

Was hoping someone would mention it.
Sorry did i miss something? I was referred to this site from another forum so i reposted my post from there. Dont know if that's what youre talking about or if there's a related or similar case on another posting. Just wondering because you both speak of the men's room

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Sorry did i miss something? I was referred to this site from another forum so i reposted my post from there. Dont know if that's what youre talking about or if there's a related or similar case on another posting. Just wondering because you both speak of the men's room
Your thread there contains more information than this one does. Relevant info, IMO.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
YOu did NOTHING for three years but let your child stay at the grandparents home. You didn't step up and try to be a parent then. That is relevant information posted to the men's room that you did not get into here. You decided to get married and have another child while letting your daughter (who you state you care about) be with out you. That gives necessary background to your case.

Furthermore, your WIFE has no standing in this situation.

mrfamily136

YOu did NOTHING for three years but let your child stay at the grandparents home. You didn't step up and try to be a parent then. That is relevant information posted to the men's room that you did not get into here. You decided to get married and have another child while letting your daughter (who you state you care about) be with out you. That gives necessary background to your case.

That is correct i did allow her to continue living at grandparents. And also wasnt the dad i should have been previously due to my own ignorance and some other variables but got through those. Those 3 years were to transition her into our home. As in allow her to fully get comfortable and feel safe over enough time to build what hadnt been built. That has been rebuilt now and filed because her drug addicted mother ended up on grandma and grandpa's step's desolate and about to turn what we had built up into a fiasco as she OBVIOUSLY has now. And i received Immediate Danger Temporary Custody Orders by using factual police reports to attest to her behaviors. Now the future is what im looking at and not blind to the past so getting to that is my intentions. My wife is my rock and i realize i used we without thinking so my bad. She's not trying to be her mom. Ill make note of the no WE and only I statements. Long story short i was attempting to get advice and obiously didnt put enough info in the beginning. I apologize. And just to clarify we have 3 other children. Which my daughter has been the big sister for and loves. Nobody is perfect and if i would have been better at planning it would have been different but with the same amazing children. I only want my daughter safe and able to be a kid. Have fun. Be loved. Be guided. Given opportunity. Be nurtured. Thank you for your time.

mrfamily136

Furthermore i'm surprised at the way you came at me considering the fact i'm obviously trying by even messaging and researching. Your response was personal and rude. I do state i care about her and because i do your demeaning comments missed the point. Necessary background. Yanking a child from grandma and grandpa's house after being from house to house the previous 8 years by her mother that treated her like a possession while i hunted and tried to find her would have been devastating and put her in complete shock. I felt it was the correct decision and still do. Just like filing for custody. So hopefully in the end she goes to the safest place possible and is as happy as could be under the circumstances

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Furthermore i'm surprised at the way you came at me considering the fact i'm obviously trying by even messaging and researching. Your response was personal and rude. I do state i care about her and because i do your demeaning comments missed the point. Necessary background. Yanking a child from grandma and grandpa's house after being from house to house the previous 8 years by her mother that treated her like a possession while i hunted and tried to find her would have been devastating and put her in complete shock. I felt it was the correct decision and still do. Just like filing for custody. So hopefully in the end she goes to the safest place possible and is as happy as could be under the circumstances
Where have you been for 11 years? Why weren't you around then? And come at you? That is something you thought I did?

mrfamily136

Where have you been for 11 years? Why weren't you around then? And come at you? That is something you thought I did?
She is 11. I have been there solid for 6 years. Her first 3 i was there but dealing with her mother. About 5 where her mother was on the road couch surfing with my daughter and couldnt be found. Come at me is a figure of speech. And i didnt think you did that i know you did that. I speak english. Adding little comments like (who you state you care about) is a jab. seriously was asking advice. You didnt give any. You just broke down out of context things i said and made jabs. Forget it i'll look elsewhere. I can take bad advice, good advice, or even constructive criticism. But my intentions have been lost. I have 3 days left. Thanks for your time

mrfamily136

She is 11. I have been there solid for 6 years. Her first 3 i was there but dealing with her mother. About 5 where her mother was on the road couch surfing with my daughter and couldnt be found. Come at me is a figure of speech. And i didnt think you did that i know you did that. I speak english. Adding little comments like (who you state you care about) is a jab. seriously was asking advice. You didnt give any. You just broke down out of context things i said and made jabs. Forget it i'll look elsewhere. I can take bad advice, good advice, or even constructive criticism. But my intentions have been lost. I have 3 days left. Thanks for your time
Update i was given sole custody of my daughter. 100 % and with the agreement her mother completes an inpatient rehabilitation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">