• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

She refuses to let us pick the child up during my husband's visitation time...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sbaldwin

What is the name of your state? TX
My husband's ex thinks she can pick and choose times that are convenient for her to drop off or pick up my ss. If she wanted to drop him off and pick him up at the same time each week, that would be fine, but she wants to bring him at 8PM one week, and 1PM the next week. The same for picking him up. She is NEVER here when she says she will be either. My husband sent her a letter that said we would be following the court order, and WE would do the picking up and dropping off during his visitation time at 3:30PM since she could not pick a consistant time, nor could she be on time. This was fine for 3 days, now today I get in from work, and there is a message from my ss that says "Mom will bring me over tomorrow at 1, if that's a problem call." She takes advantage of ME because she knows I am a stay at home mom, so she thinks she can just pop up when she wants. What should our response to this situation be? Please help soon since this is TOMORROW! Don't you love the advance notice we are given also!

4LilMan

Just call her and tell her that you have something to do or errands to run. Then when your husband gets home, let him tell her that he is his son and when HE is home she can drop the child off so that he can help you. Just because you are a step mom does not make you a built in babysitter. And I am sure that you have enough to contend with when you are at home alone with your children, and then to add another one to it makes things a little more hectic. That would be very irritating. She should give your husband a chance to have the opportunity to be there to help you with his child when he arrives. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">