• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

shut out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stingray_pse

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My ex has completely shut me out of my son's life. She won't let me or him call the other at all. I'ts been three years since i've see him and two since i've talked with him. how is this legal? my child support is always current yet i can't have any contact when the court says i can. am i legally bound to even pay support when she won't let me have any contact? i've been through three lawyers now, i can't afford another one and still get nowhere.

G

Gilly Bean

Get a lawyer, and go back to court, and advise the judge of what is happening. Likely, she can't do that, but sometimes, you have to have it court ordered to get it through some people's heads.

D

doobie_do42

i'm in the same boat. my visitation papers state that when i'm in Illinois, i live in Oklahoma, i get to visit with them, however she won't let me. i called the police and they said there is nothing that they can do, because there is no law that protects the non-custodial parent. there are some good things on this sight to check out though. check out the already posted questions and click on "what happens when visitation rights are frustrated?". good luck

VeronicaGia

You are still legally bound to pay support. Is there a court ordered visitation arrangement in place? If so, you need to file contempt of court charges against her for not following the court order.

S

stingray_pse

the three previous lawyers and court hearing all stated that she had to give me a phone number for contact with my son. she didn't and still hasn't. i then got an (800) nuumber on my home phone for her to use, which she didn't. i'm getting absoloutely nowhere with this and more frustrated by the day. i've completely lost faith in the legal system. in my eyes, it rarely works for a man. not to judge, but it's the truth.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">