• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sibling Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LovingSister

My parents are divorced and my dad remarried when I was 16 and had 2 more children. He is in the processing of getting a divorce and she moved with the kids from California to Ohio (I live in Nebraska). It has been 2 years now since their divorce proceedings started and it is not moving very fast because they cannot agree on child support or custody. No formal custody arrangement has been set up, they are both just considered to have full custody. I am 23 years old, married, and a full-time college student. There are no reasons why she would be worried about them being taken care of when they are with me. I lived with them up until my little sister was a year old. Problem is - even though my dad gives me the okay to visit my little half-brother and half-sister (he encourages my efforts) my soon to be ex-step-mom is putting up constant roadblocks. It's one excuse after another why I can not visit them. I have little money being in school but always offer to get myself there, stay in a hotel, everything with no expense to her. The only times I have been able to visit have been with my dad (twice in 2 years). Do I have any rights as their sister?

B

believe

I wish you luck! I have 2sons tht have a sister from their fathers previous marriage, she is in her mid 20's now. I have been divorced for 13 years. My sons don't know their sister but would like too. I feel they should. My ex never had the children together because his daughter wa treated the sme as mine. He really didn't care. So my thought is for you to pursue this, Am sure as the children get older, they will want you in their lives. I know my sons who are 18 and 15 wish their sister ws in their lives.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">