• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sick and tired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gretchen wood

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Georgia I have lived in GA for 12 years. My son was 3 when my ex and I split. He has been living here with me and seeing his dad in NY for summer breaks and x-mass. My ex and I are both remarried for about 7 years each. Every year when son visits, his dad tries to get him to live with him. He hates paying me child support and will try anything to get him there. Promises him all kinds of great deals if he lives there. This past summer visit he all but convinced our son to move there. My son is starting to break down because now his father is stating how he misses him and put this big guilt trip on him about living with me all these years and now he should get some time with him. My son almost bought into this. He was ready to leave his whole life behind, friends and pets as well just not to dissapoint his dad. He then thought it over and realized he could never leave this life behind. He told his Dad and who was sad but let it go for now. My problem is, my son is due to go back for Thanksgiving and then half the summer. I know we are going to have to go through this all over again. I really mentally can not take it. It broke my heart that my son would ever think about leaving. I know my ex would do anything to get him there and that scares me to death as well. I feel like my whole life is under a microscope and one slip and my ex will jump on it. If my son only knew how his dad did not even care when we got divorced that I was moving out of state. We have joint legal custody, but I have physical custody. Anyway, anyone have this problem? Is there anything I can do to stop him from harrasing me about our child moving from here. He keeps saying how backward the south is and that I should be lucky he stills lives in NY and could give him a better life. (not to mention not paying child support) ha!
Thanks!

nextwife

gretchen wood said:
Every year when son visits, his dad tries to get him to live with him. He hates paying me child support and will try anything to get him there.

(not to mention not paying child support) ha!
Thanks!
Is that why YOU want custody? To not pay CS? Or do you want custody because you want our kids around?

Well, then, why is it when a dad wants their kids around they only are desirous of this because of CS? Sorry, but I have read that phrase one too many times this weekend. Dad's generally want custody for exactly the same reasons moms do-to get to parent their kids.

After all, it sound like you moved the kids away, so now the only time he can be with his kids is during longer school breaks. If you both had stayed near each other, your son could get to be with both of you on a regular basis, and wouldn't be stuck between two parents who both want their child in their everyday life.

So is it any wonder he's not happy about this? You wouldn't be. either.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Not really. He would, however have to put the pen to paper and file to do anything legally. 'Til then, it's all talk.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">