• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Signing over parental rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommyof4

never once said that i wanted to court to clean up my messes. i understand my mistakes fully so i wish everyone would stop saying that. all i was asking was if there was anything i could do.
...and you have been told multiple times that you cannot do anything about this in the manner in which you want to do it. If he doesn't consent, it's NOT going to happen.

i
didn't get on here to get slammed over the stupid choices i made in life. but considering that my is incapable of caring for my child and that he is a bad influence due to his drugs and criminal activity i thought i might have a chance.
You have no idea the legal definition of incapable of caring for a child, do you? It has nothing to do with your perception of what a loser the man is. You didn't think he was such a horrible influence when you got nekkid with him. So, the court won't think he is so horrible now that you are all three fully dressed.

so i really wish everyone would stop pretending they haven't made stupid choices in their lives. and despite what you guys think, i am looking out for the best interest of my child and trying to provide him with a better life and a father who will love him and be there for him when he needs it. and i am done defending myself.
He already has a father. You provided that little facet of his life when you became pregnant. Musical daddies is not a game the court will play. Accept reality and move on.

CourtClerk

never once said that i wanted to court to clean up my messes. i understand my mistakes fully so i wish everyone would stop saying that. all i was asking was if there was anything i could do. i didn't get on here to get slammed over the stupid choices i made in life. but considering that my is incapable of caring for my child and that he is a bad influence due to his drugs and criminal activity i thought i might have a chance. so i really wish everyone would stop pretending they haven't made stupid choices in their lives. and despite what you guys think, i am looking out for the best interest of my child and trying to provide him with a better life and a father who will love him and be there for him when he needs it. and i am done defending myself.
You should be done defending yourself. You have no defense.

Do you know there are some states in the union that would consider you (a married woman) dating and "engaged" to another man a bad influence on your child? Then again, everyone has a fiancee these days. Like it solidifies your place in this world. How does your fiance like the fact that you're still someone's WIFE.

casa

never once said that i wanted to court to clean up my messes. i understand my mistakes fully so i wish everyone would stop saying that. all i was asking was if there was anything i could do. i didn't get on here to get slammed over the stupid choices i made in life. but considering that my is incapable of caring for my child and that he is a bad influence due to his drugs and criminal activity i thought i might have a chance. so i really wish everyone would stop pretending they haven't made stupid choices in their lives. and despite what you guys think, i am looking out for the best interest of my child and trying to provide him with a better life and a father who will love him and be there for him when he needs it. and i am done defending myself.
I, personally, am not attaching Judgement to your past mistakes/lessons...nor do I pretend I've never had life lessons of my own :rolleyes: What is trying to be explained to you is the Reality of the situation. Your refusal to listen to it &/or be offended by it, is your choice.

mommyof4

Do you know there are some states in the union that would consider you (a married woman) dating and "engaged" to another man a bad influence on your child? Then again, everyone has a fiancee these days. Like it solidifies your place in this world. How does your fiance like the fact that you're still someone's WIFE.

I have a feeling she's not going to fare very well during her divorce hearing in NC. Just a sneaking suspicion.;)

casa

And there are some interesting statutes re; relationships while married as they pertain to Child Custody in NC. :cool:

CJane

So... you've been w/this new guy whom you're engaged to while still married... for like 3 years?

And he 'supports' your son. Sends him gifts from overseas, etc. And it never once in THREE YEARS occurred to HIM to spot you the cash for a divorce? NEVER? Really?

What's it gonna do to his career as an 'officer' when his CO finds out he's 'engaged' to a married woman?

If you can't afford a divorce and he's clearly not willing to help you out with it... how do you propose you pay for ALL OF THE TRANSPORTATION for the child to see HIS FATHER on a regular basis while you're in WA and Daddy is in NC?

Have you thought this through AT ALL?

CourtClerk

And there are some interesting statutes re; relationships while married as they pertain to Child Custody in NC. :cool:
Our courtroom was dark Christmas Eve, and we were having a discussion on the cohabitation statues in other states (I think NC has one...no?). I know they're big in the south. If that's true, then the OP is not going to fare well in court and may find herself with a bigger issue that she's bargained for.

I for one, would be just fine with a non cohabitation statue in CA. Shoot... I think I'm going to run for governor.:D

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
so i really wish everyone would stop pretending they haven't made stupid choices in their lives.
Ya know what...I'll speak for the rest of the people replying to you. Of course we've all made stupid mistakes in our lives. Now, with that out of the way we can feel free to continue.

casa

Because it's her opinion that he's a drug addict, criminal.

I wonder though if NC deems him to be the same, as in their Abandonment guidelines which address this issue, they state:

7B-101
(7a) "Criminal history" means a local, State, or
federal criminal history of conviction or pending indictment of a
crime, whether a misdemeanor or a felony, involving violence
against a person.

mommyof4

Have you thought this through AT ALL?
Well, sure she has!

She's going to get the court to erase the legal reality of Li'l Tommy's Daddy, get divorced, marry some other random guy who lives on the opposite coast and potentially will be away from the child for loooooong periods of time (but that's okay, she will get 'benefits') and make him the new Daddy. After all, this poor man is already "Daddy" to Li'l Tommy, so why can't she just make her fantasy a legal reality?:rolleyes: I mean....if she doesn't get her way, how will Sailor Boy pay for Li'l Tommy's college and expenses? Oh NO!!! SHE might have to take on the financial responsibility of raising her child!!! Oh, the horror!

Unfortunately, her thought process isn't exactly in top working order. It might be best if she would just STOP thinking about what she 'thinks' will be and deal with what IS.

casa

Our courtroom was dark Christmas Eve, and we were having a discussion on the cohabitation statues in other states (I think NC has one...no?). I know they're big in the south. If that's true, then the OP is not going to fare well in court and may find herself with a bigger issue that she's bargained for.

I for one, would be just fine with a non cohabitation statue in CA. Shoot... I think I'm going to run for governor.:D
Well part of NC's abandonment laws have addressed marital abondment...of the spousal kind. Which would mean a woman engaged to a man (when she's already married) just May be guilty of Abandonment herself.

My nuttyX would have a field day with a no-cohabitation clause. Same with no opposite sex overnight guests (another archaic & rightfully trashed law in CA :D) Every time my brother came from out of state - or my friend in Europe - or ANYONE ..they would risk being hauled into Court. :cool: I thought his new marriage would keep him more occupied~ sadly, I was mistaken. :rolleyes:

CJane

My nuttyX would have a field day with a no-cohabitation clause. Same with no opposite sex overnight guests (another archaic & rightfully trashed law in CA :D) Every time my brother came from out of state - or my friend in Europe - or ANYONE ..they would risk being hauled into Court. :cool: I thought his new marriage would keep him more occupied~ sadly, I was mistaken. :rolleyes:
I thought MY Ex's marriage would keep HIM occupied too. And then I thought that THEIR new child would keep the HB from trying to brainwash MY kids. I was so naive. :rolleyes:

casa

Well, sure she has!

She's going to get the court to erase the legal reality of Li'l Tommy's Daddy, get divorced, marry some other random guy who lives on the opposite coast and potentially will be away from the child for loooooong periods of time (but that's okay, she will get 'benefits') and make him the new Daddy. After all, this poor man is already "Daddy" to Li'l Tommy, so why can't she just make her fantasy a legal reality?:rolleyes: I mean....if she doesn't get her way, how will Sailor Boy pay for Li'l Tommy's college and expenses? Oh NO!!! SHE might have to take on the financial responsibility of raising her child!!! Oh, the horror!

Unfortunately, her thought process isn't exactly in top working order. It might be best if she would just STOP thinking about what she 'thinks' will be and deal with what IS.
With the current state of affairs Militarily~ I'd hazard a guess that Sailor Boy may end up separated from Li'l Tommy for periods of time waaaay longer than the Father.

Not only that, I notice how she said in a previous post that she wanted to move so that the child is AWAY from Father. I hope she says that in Court.

casa

I thought MY Ex's marriage would keep HIM occupied too. And then I thought that THEIR new child would keep the HB from trying to brainwash MY kids. I was so naive. :rolleyes:
Admittedly you have it worse. My nuttyX is obnoxious, but his new wife is the sane one & obviously loves/cares for & is good to my lil' Peanut. :) My oldest's Step-Monster however...:rolleyes: All I can say about her is that THANK GOD the Daddy is sane & involved ~ he won't even let her read our e-mails. She's just acts insane behind our daughter for some reason - even though they have a child of their own & live out of state!:cool: ( suspect it's because our daughter is much cuter than theirs :p LOL ):D

mommyof4

With the current state of affairs Militarily~ I'd hazard a guess that Sailor Boy may end up separated from Li'l Tommy for periods of time waaaay longer than the Father.

Not only that, I notice how she said in a previous post that she wanted to move so that the child is AWAY from Father. I hope she says that in Court.
I can safely say after 4 years (to the day) in NC court...

She has NO idea what she is in for. I sincerely hope she gets my judge. He's a fair judge, but man...he's tough. You better be able to back up every word you utter in his court room and you had better be purer than freshly fallen snow when you walk in there. If she thinks she's getting condemnation here, wait until she gets in front of an NC judge. ;) My judge didn't pull any punches. (thankfully, the jabs were aimed at my ex. Heck, I even tried to warn my ex what was coming his way. That's how nice I am. That didn't stop me from giggling in court, though.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">