• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Single father seeking custody of 6month old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jay321

Minnesota

I have a six month old daughter who I am very close with. Her mother and I do not get along @ all. 2 weeks ago she called me @ work and told me if I didn't come and take my daughter off her hands that she was going to beat her, or take her to a crisis nursery. I took my daughter for a week, then her mother decided she wanted her back. Now she won't let me take my little girl w/ me away from her. She says it is because she doesn't trust me w/ her and that I can come and see her 2 times a week. I am thinking about suing her for custody because I think our child would be better off w/ me than with her. I have recordings of her talking about the threats of abuse, and in these recording she admits to threatening to abuse our child, she also says in the recording that she will deny any accusations I make about this. My next step is to get a lawyer. Thats the legal side. Any comments about my situation and my chances of getting custody would be appreciated.

On the personal side, I am really struggling with the idea of taking my daughter away from her mother. I think she treatens to hurt our child and me because she is mad @ me because she has a baby and no husband. I don't think she would really hurt our child but she won't let up, and she keeps acting and talking crazy. I can't take her tr5eats lightly. I am not vengful, I just want whats best for my child, and I also want to stop the harrassment I have been recieving from her mother. I'm still conflicted with what to do. Any comments from people who have personal experience(men and women), or any thoughts, would be appreciated.

LegalBeagle

jay321 said:
Minnesota

I have a six month old daughter who I am very close with. Her mother and I do not get along @ all. 2 weeks ago she called me @ work and told me if I didn't come and take my daughter off her hands that she was going to beat her, or take her to a crisis nursery. I took my daughter for a week, then her mother decided she wanted her back. Now she won't let me take my little girl w/ me away from her. She says it is because she doesn't trust me w/ her and that I can come and see her 2 times a week. I am thinking about suing her for custody because I think our child would be better off w/ me than with her. I have recordings of her talking about the threats of abuse, and in these recording she admits to threatening to abuse our child, she also says in the recording that she will deny any accusations I make about this. My next step is to get a lawyer. Thats the legal side. Any comments about my situation and my chances of getting custody would be appreciated.

On the personal side, I am really struggling with the idea of taking my daughter away from her mother. I think she treatens to hurt our child and me because she is mad @ me because she has a baby and no husband. I don't think she would really hurt our child but she won't let up, and she keeps acting and talking crazy. I can't take her tr5eats lightly. I am not vengful, I just want whats best for my child, and I also want to stop the harrassment I have been recieving from her mother. I'm still conflicted with what to do. Any comments from people who have personal experience(men and women), or any thoughts, would be appreciated.
Legally, go get her!.. Those tapes are priceless.

G

Grandma B

Also, all threats are NOT idle! Babies are injured and killed every day. Don't let yours be one of them!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">