• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Single mother rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

monyc

What is the name of your state? IL
My question is related to my baby's father. I want to take vacacions with my baby and go to Mexico, my plans are for next March. I am single mother but my babys father recognized him as his baby. He sees my baby every time he wants but I want to know if he needs to his passport application even though he is not in the birth certificate? Also, I want to know what are my rights over my child and what are his rights? I feel like if he sign the passport he will have more rights over him and then take it away whenever he wants.

Can you please help me?

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? Chicago
My question is related to my baby's father. I want to take vacacions with my baby and go to Mexico, my plans are for next March. I am single mother but my babys father recognized him as his baby. He sees my baby every time he wants but I want to know if he needs to his passport application even though he is not in the birth certificate? Also, I want to know what are my rights over my child and what are his rights? I feel like if he sign the passport he will have more rights over him and then take it away whenever he wants.

Can you please help me?
He will be required to either sign the passport application or you will need to say that the child has no father, which is a lie.

Which would you rather do, file for custody, paternity and support or commit a federal crime?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
He will be required to either sign the passport application or you will need to say that the child has no father, which is a lie.

Which would you rather do, file for custody, paternity and support or commit a federal crime?
You are so generous BB giving the OP a choice. Wonder which she will decide upon?:rolleyes:

M

Mediate

Chicago is a state? I haven't been able to find any state statutes for Chicago. :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">