• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sleeping Arrangements for non-custodial parents overnight visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WorriedMommy123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York
Hello all,
My question is what sleeping arrangements does a non-custodial parent have to have for overnight visits. I have a 4yr old son and a 2.5yr old daughter. My son has brought to my attention multiple times that he has slept in the same bed as his dad and his dad's girlfriend and that my daughter has slept in the same toddler bed and the non-custodial parent's girlfriends 5yr old sons bed. Which I do not feel comfortable with. From what I understand they have a 2bedroom apartment in which the non-custodial parent, his girlfriend, her 5yr old son, and their baby on the way, and my children every other weekend share. And his girlfriends brother and his girlfriend share the other room and his girlfriends mother stays on the couch. I just want to know my rights and if anyone has any advice. Thank you.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York
Hello all,
My question is what sleeping arrangements does a non-custodial parent have to have for overnight visits. I have a 4yr old son and a 2.5yr old daughter. My son has brought to my attention multiple times that he has slept in the same bed as his dad and his dad's girlfriend and that my daughter has slept in the same toddler bed and the non-custodial parent's girlfriends 5yr old sons bed. Which I do not feel comfortable with. From what I understand they have a 2bedroom apartment in which the non-custodial parent, his girlfriend, her 5yr old son, and their baby on the way, and my children every other weekend share. And his girlfriends brother and his girlfriend share the other room and his girlfriends mother stays on the couch. I just want to know my rights and if anyone has any advice. Thank you.
The children are NOT proper witnesses> have you talked to dad about this? It doesn't matter if you are comfortable with how dad raises the children. He has as much right as you do. He could put the children together on an air mattress. Why don't you send him one of those if you are so concerned?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Millions of people around the world live with more people than that and in smaller spaces. Full time, not just four nights/mo.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">