• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sleeping in a car with bf

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
During the "FrankenStorm" lil'blue and I "camped" in a living room and the only hot food was what little I could cook over a fireplace. The temp was about 40-50 (avg). This lasted three days. We were lucky! There were many in the northeast that were without power for much longer. I would have loved to have a car to sleep in...It likely would have been warmer.

OP should call the Mom and thank her for keeping his child safe and warm.
We didn't lose power this last time around, but I was out for 10 days during Sandy. #1 was in Philly, #2 upstate NY, so they weren't affected. Though #2 called and said she wished she were home so we could keep each other warm. Eh, I had the dog.

OP is over-reacting.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Funny thing is that where I grew up, we called it CAMPING! :rolleyes:
Beat me to it!

Had to be out of the house for 24 hours last month due to renovations - camped in freezing rain and gale force winds and the kid loved it, said it was warmer than sleeping inside, and wanted to repeat the experience when it was snowing.

Did I have a plan B, C, and D? Sure.

single317dad

I'm a little surprised at some of the responses in this thread. One should never sleep in a running vehicle unless absolutely necessary. Carbon monoxide poisoning is possible even if there is no obstruction in the exhaust. Sleeping in the car might still have been the best option, but it would be an absolute last resort for me.

sc91

Thank you

Thank you. I would have been fine with it, IF there was no other option. But the roads weren't bad, so she could have easily went to a hotel, friends, family members house, or my parents.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Thank you. I would have been fine with it, IF there was no other option. But the roads weren't bad, so she could have easily went to a hotel, friends, family members house, or my parents.
And that would have been YOUR parenting choice. She didn't have to make the same one. You can tell her that you wish she'd called you or done one of the things you mentioned. She can disregard your opinion, or even tell you to pound sand. Unless they are actually living out of the car for an extended period, you have no traction to do anything.

And how do you KNOW the car was running all night? And the windows weren't cracked? Really - you are overreacting.

Gail in Georgia

All this nonsense stems from OP's concerns that moms boyfriend was hoping not to be a frozen fritter that evening and was also sleeping in the same vehicle as the daughter.

Gail

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
All this nonsense stems from OP's concerns that moms boyfriend was hoping not to be a frozen fritter that evening and was also sleeping in the same vehicle as the daughter.

Gail
The one year old daughter.

Not all men have their minds so far in the gutter that they'd automatically assume the worst in that situation.

OP started his account because Mom disapproves of his current relationship enough to cut off non-court ordered visitation, giving paternal grandparents EOW instead. Makes me wonder if Dad is just looking for mud to sling back.

Also, OP should keep all threads together in the future.

Unless, of course, this is a different kid of his... in which case, he should clarify (and consider leading a more boring life henceforth).

Just Blue

The one year old daughter.

Not all men have their minds so far in the gutter that they'd automatically assume the worst in that situation.

OP started his account because Mom disapproves of his current relationship enough to cut off non-court ordered visitation, giving paternal grandparents EOW instead. Makes me wonder if Dad is just looking for mud to sling back.

Also, OP should keep all threads together in the future.

Unless, of course, this is a different kid of his... in which case, he should clarify (and consider leading a more boring life henceforth).
Extra like!! ^. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">