• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sleeping in a car with bf

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sc91

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SC

So I was just on my child's mothers Facebook and she posted a picture from last week when it snowed. It was a picture with my daughter and her other daughter on an air mattress in a CAR. she posted saying that the power went out so they were forced to keep the girls in the car sleeping on an air mattress for the whole night just to keep them warm.

First, she shouldn't be in the bed with the moms boyfriend.
Second, my daughter slept in a CAR all night in below freezing weather.

Am I over reacting? Or should I be upset that instead of going to a friend or family members house they slept in a running car all night?

There are many cases where people are killed from the fuses of sleeping in a running car, look it up It's very common.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SC

So I was just on my child's mothers Facebook and she posted a picture from last week when it snowed. It was a picture with my daughter and her other daughter on an air mattress in a CAR. she posted saying that the power went out so they were forced to keep the girls in the car sleeping on an air mattress for the whole night just to keep them warm.
Okay.
First, she shouldn't be in the bed with the moms boyfriend.
And Mom and her sister, right? Ever hear of a three-dog night? :cool:
Second, my daughter slept in a CAR all night in below freezing weather.
And the car heater was running? I suspect the house heater wasn't running, because they have electric heat and not propane or wood?
Am I over reacting? Or should I be upset that instead of going to a friend or family members house they slept in a running car all night?
I think you're over-reacting. I know snow storms in the South. Usually, they're more ice than not and nobody can safely drive on ice.

There are many cases where people are killed from the fuses of sleeping in a running car, look it up It's very common.
That happens because the tailpipe gets clogged/isn't cleared of debris or is deliberately closed.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well.... no. Reread what you typed. NO ONE has ever died from the fuses of a running car. FUMES? Yes. When circumstances are as Geekess described. This is why proofreading is important. Don't make yourself look stupid by..... being stupid.

OHRoadwarrior

Truck drivers sleep in running trucks all the time. Only one time did I almost die. The flex pipe between the engine and the rest of the exhaust which is designed to take the vibration of the engine, finally cracked and I woke up unable to breath. Cars do not have this. they have solid exhaust systems and as long as the system is not leaking is perfectly safe. I used to often travel by car with the family on vacations and drive thousands of miles, sleeping for hours in a rest area with the engine running for heat or AC. I also must sometimes take naps for an hour or so, when my day gets more than a few hours long and I nap in my car.

Gail in Georgia

"Second, my daughter slept in a CAR all night in below freezing weather."

So..OP is claiming it would have been better for the daughter to sleep in an unheated HOUSE in below freezing weather as opposed to sleeping on an air mattress in a heated car?

Idiot.

Gail

sc91

Not what im saying

Clearly I didn't say that. I would much rather my daughter sleep in a warm house. Whether it be a friend or family members house. She knows that she could have even went to my parents house, the roads weren't bad and she has a 4x4 vehicle. So it's not that she didn't have any other option, because she had plenty of options.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Clearly I didn't say that. I would much rather my daughter sleep in a warm house. Whether it be a friend or family members house. She knows that she could have even went to my parents house, the roads weren't bad and she has a 4x4 vehicle. So it's not that she didn't have any other option, because she had plenty of options.
You really don't see the issue? YOu really are missing it? She didn't do anything wrong.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Because 4x4 vehicles never slide on ice and get in to accidents, right?

Just Blue

I was going to say something...But I won't. Not worth the banning. ;)

mommyanme

And you would have had a problem if she had driven it on ice too because 4 wheel drive CAN'T drive on ice, or can she magically put skates on the wheels? You're being the backside of a donkey! I'm a postal worker who had 4 wheel drive and snow chains, neither keep you from sliding on solid ice.

And WHY ARE YOU CYBER STALKING YOUR EX??????? yes I yelled that! It's CREEPY!

Just Blue

It sounds like fun
During the "FrankenStorm" lil'blue and I "camped" in a living room and the only hot food was what little I could cook over a fireplace. The temp was about 40-50 (avg). This lasted three days. We were lucky! There were many in the northeast that were without power for much longer. I would have loved to have a car to sleep in...It likely would have been warmer.

OP should call the Mom and thank her for keeping his child safe and warm.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
At the end of the day? It's a parenting difference. Let your ex know that, if this kind of thing happens again? You are willing to come pick up your kids so they can sleep at your (warm) home. So to just give you a call.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">