• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small child right to a good life

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DANDMSACHS

MISSOURI

my daughter will be 5 in june and her real father has not had any interest in her until this year he has seen her but never cared to play with here or spend any one on one time with her he has 2 childern with his girlfriend and the kids have spent alot of time together in the past few months i have married and my husband has been withus sence my daughter was 6 months she has always nown him as daddy this weekend we had a little get together with family and friends things were great my daughter real father and his family where all their when they where leaving all the childern went out to wave bye and heather was given a note by her real father to give mewhile his girlfriend told my 8 year old twin nephews that my husband was not her dad this has hurt her alot she is scared.yes he is a friendly man to her but this has come as a great supprise to her.the reason i left him was i was 6 months pregnent and he was vary violent and still is his girlfriend is always asking me how i ever put up with him hitting and throwing thing the letter was asking for visits with her at his house im scared for her im asking what i should do i have no money to go to court

4gals1guy

If there is no court ordered visitation plan, you don't have to let her go with him. But, it sounds like he's wanting to step up his relationship with her. If he petitions for regular visitation, he will have the right to take your daughter to his house, unless you can prove to the court why he shouldn't. Before anything, though, he'll have to establish paternity, if it hasn't been.

You are to be commended for getting along with everyone. I've had to let my ex and his girlfriend come into my home to visit my daughters because they didn't have a real place to take them. It's difficult, I know, but it is nice for the kids when we can put aside our differences for their sake.

This is just my opinoin, but I believe children have the right to know the truth about their (and other's) relationships with each other. Finding out later in life is damaging.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">