• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Social Security Benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MomInstrinctBye

my husband and i live in pennsylvania. we have custody of his kids and my kids from previous marriage. the issue that i have concerns a child now over 18 and not supported by anyone. my husbands exwife left him and left her 3 daughters with him. 2 of the girls were his biological kids, 1 (the oldest over 18 now) was his step daughter. her bio dad was dead and her mom left her behind with her step dad. she received social security benefits from the death of her father. she received no support from her mother. when she turned 161/2, she went to live with her mom at that time a custody/support hearing was...the domestic relations office had always used that ssi as my husbands income...which lowered the moms support of his bio kids becuase it showed his income as higher, but when the roles switched and the mom was receiving the childs ssi...the dom. rel. office said it was not looked at as her income although it was an error and should not have been looked at as his income. i know this is confusing but my question is...shouldnt the mom be responsible for paying him support for all those years that he had her daughter (because she didnt pay a dime, the only support he got was her dead dads ssi) and also, shouldnt there be an adjustment looked at since they did make an error of counting that as his income for the other 2 children?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">