• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sole legal, sole physical custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lblanchette

What is the name of your state? california
i have sole legal, sole physical custody of my kids. they are teens and can choose to see their father. i have told him he must contact me prior to making arrangements with the kids to let me know what he intends to do with them. i have withheld our address from him as he was abusive to me. he argues that he has a right to have their address and refuses to contact me when he wants to see the kids and is also withholding support.

does he have any right to have their address since i have sole legal/sole physical custody?

skyy

I think so.

Sole custody is not the same as if you were the only legal parent. He still has a right to know where his children are and see them. If you don't encourage them to see him, he could petition the court for his visitation over your objections.

D

DChristian112

I am in MN, so laws may be different.
I tried to withhold my new address from my ex, and the Jdge demanded I acknowledge the courts of it. It was then added to our court docket. So he was thus, informed of my address.
Unless you have a protective order on him, I am not sure what you can do about the address.
Just my advice.
Good Luck and God Bless!

I also have sole legal, and sole physical custody of my kids. BUT, both parents must inform the other of their address. This is standard in a Califorina order. Unless you still have an R.O on him for the abuse. Standard R.O.'s for abuse is one year unless otherwise stated.
So, yes, you must inform him of the children's address unless there is a current RO against this.

How about agreeing to meet him at a Mickey D's? To allow him to see the kids? Do they want to see him? They are teens, are they working? Are you and the ex living in the same town/city? What is your current visitation schedule? Is it standard, "reasonable, when the two parties can agree"???

Re: My husband, in CA....

lovingwife said:
knows that the ex moved, but, no notification of address change--only email change---it is in the orginal court order that both parents notify the other of the changes...
do not withhold this information because regardless, he is their father. In CA, when this information is withheld, the DA could become involved and you dont want that...
Now, LW is a flat out LIAR. She bitched about me posting our new address on MY PRIVATE website(invite only), when we bought our house.
I have ALWAYS kept the "troll" informed of our address. He's kept his address from me and the kids. I think it was TWO years that nither the kids nor I had his address or phone number, I had to go through his parents in case of EMERGENCY! And yes, there was a time that my son broke his foot and I had to leave a message with the TROLLS' parents.

karma1

again......

won't you stop and let the kids love their dad? calling him a troll and all the other names.....let it go, will ya?

I truely believe that LW is bi-polar. She has been accusing me of this for years, but I think i now have the proof.
One day, she all nice, sicky sweet. The next, she's calling me every name in the book and commiting libel. Then the next week, she's saying "can't you just let it go?"

OMG what have I finally discovered? Maybe the truth?
Something to ponder folks...

karma1

please stop taking this to a public forum...

and address this through email or US mail---
many are tired of you and your rants--
isnt the library computer closed now?
lmao

Funny how you want this off the board, but you brought it here. You should have left well enough alone. I didn't reply to you. You replied to me.

Re: My husband, in CA....

lovingwife said:
knows that the ex moved, but, no notification of address change--only email change---it is in the orginal court order that both parents notify the other of the changes...
do not withhold this information because regardless, he is their father. In CA, when this information is withheld, the DA could become involved and you dont want that...
Where it all starts.

D

DChristian112

Honestly- is there a way to get Cookie kicked out of the forum all together???
I will ask the administrator. This is annoying. Every post. Damn it.

lblanchette: How long has he gone with out paying support?
Have you considered income withholding from his employer?
I would contact the CSE and see what you can do about this.
Do you have a Child support order? If not, I suggest filing for support. If you do, and he has gone so many months or so many dollars, contact CSE immediately and see what your options are about contempt.
Good Luck and God Bless!
(and although I do ot know cookie personally, I apologize for her rude behavior on your forum!)

DChristian112 said:

lblanchette: How long has he gone with out paying support?
Have you considered income withholding from his employer?
I would contact the CSE and see what you can do about this.
Do you have a Child support order? If not, I suggest filing for support. If you do, and he has gone so many months or so many dollars, contact CSE immediately and see what your options are about contempt.
Good Luck and God Bless!
(and although I do ot know cookie personally, I apologize for her rude behavior on your forum!)

Why thank you DChristian112. For apologizing for me. I am sorry ya know.
Ban me? HA!!! I've seen worse than this here... and the only thing that will happen is they will delete the post or thread. Sorry to burst your bubble.
But, I do promise you this. I am not on this board EVERYDAY like others are, so my annouyance is not often. I am just tired of trying to ignore all the crap that LW talks.

D

DChristian112

I am not on this board EVERYDAY like others are, so my annouyance is not often. I am just tired of trying to ignore all the crap that LW talks.
Who needs to go back to school and learn to spell?
"annouyance"?

CMSC

DChristian112 said:

If you ignore it, it will go away. I have seen cookie give some good responses and LW respond with attacks and I have seen LW give good responses and cookie respond with attacks. So you can't just eliminate one. Anyway, hell what the crap does admin. care? I forwarded an email from cookie threatening that she knew where I lived and that I should stop posting NOW. I have recieved voodoo dolls that I have traced back to her (you didn't think I could do that did you?) and numerous other threats. But again she is allowed to be a member.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">