• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

something I don't understand

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

purdylucky

What is the name of your state?ak

I have posted before and briefly stated what has been going on. This relates to my case and it is something that I don't understand or know what to do about it. my ex had a search and seizure done on his home, and he openly admitted to the troopers that he was growing with the intent to sell and distribute to save money to sue for custody of the kids. When faced with the possibility of 4 drug felonies, and 2 contributing to the deliquency of a minor, he rolled on someone else to avoid prosecution. I know this from the officer that did the s&s. Now my question is, how could they make a deal without my knowledge when it affected my children. Shouldn't I have had something to say about it? Is there anything I can do to protect the children from that environment? Why is it that he can walk scott free and accept no responsibility for what he has done?

purdylucky said:
What is the name of your state?ak

I have posted before and briefly stated what has been going on. This relates to my case and it is something that I don't understand or know what to do about it. my ex had a search and seizure done on his home, and he openly admitted to the troopers that he was growing with the intent to sell and distribute to save money to sue for custody of the kids. When faced with the possibility of 4 drug felonies, and 2 contributing to the deliquency of a minor, he rolled on someone else to avoid prosecution. I know this from the officer that did the s&s. Now my question is, how could they make a deal without my knowledge when it affected my children. Shouldn't I have had something to say about it? Is there anything I can do to protect the children from that environment? Why is it that he can walk scott free and accept no responsibility for what he has done?
In regards to the criminal aspect of it, no you have no say, maybe influence but no say on what the police or DA is going to do. However, get a copy of the police report and use that to support your case. That would be the start.

purdylucky

bulldogg70 said:
In regards to the criminal aspect of it, no you have no say, maybe influence but no say on what the police or DA is going to do. However, get a copy of the police report and use that to support your case. That would be the start.
The only thing is that since he rolled, there is no arrest, no papertrail, etc. All I have is the word of the investigating officer, and local knowledge through the local PD. I have spoken with the officer, and he has said that he can talk to my atty, and perhaps give a statement of sorts w/o going into explicit detail, but that's it. I guess I am just flabbergasted, because he is walking away from 6 felonies and is trying to sue me for full custody. The story is long and lengthy and getting expensive, not that I mind though.

There is a paper trail somewhere, it might even be sealed but there is one. Anyway, if you have a cop who said you will make statements, Depose him, and get all the information. PResent your case to the courts, the information should be of interest in regards to the family matter.

purdylucky

bulldogg70 said:
There is a paper trail somewhere, it might even be sealed but there is one. Anyway, if you have a cop who said you will make statements, Depose him, and get all the information. PResent your case to the courts, the information should be of interest in regards to the family matter.

thank you for your words. they really do help to reassure me. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">