• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son living with & being alienated by fathers girlfriend who calls herself "mama".

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Silverplum

I know that I decided to move, however, does anyone really think that it is appropriate that my son is living alone with his fathers girlfriend at her fathers house? My son made me aware of it, not my sons father.
Does anyone really think it's appropriate to drop off one's child for a few years while one pursues one's education, and then come back all mad that someone else is kindly caring for her child with no financial support?

ciaomamabella

Does anyone really think it's appropriate to drop off one's child for a few years while one pursues one's education, and then come back all mad that someone else is kindly caring for her child with no financial support?
I'm not mad, Im concerned. I send money to them ALL THE TIME. And you seemingly being a senior member should read the "newbie forum" because you are going against some of the rules by criticizing me.
Lifes not perfect, I'm obvioulsy trying to get advice. YOU have NO investment in my case WHATSOEVER or in my life for that matter. Im making effort by doing this. YOU are just being rude. So please, if you don't have any advice to give me besides bashing my choice of life and mother, do not need to be commenting on my post anymore. Thanks. :)

Silverplum

I'm not mad, Im concerned. I send money to them ALL THE TIME. And you seemingly being a senior member should read the "newbie forum" because you are going against some of the rules by criticizing me.
Lifes not perfect, I'm obvioulsy trying to get advice. YOU have NO investment in my case WHATSOEVER or in my life for that matter. Im making effort by doing this. YOU are just being rude. So please, if you don't have any advice to give me besides bashing my choice of life and mother, do not need to be commenting on my post anymore. Thanks. :)
I see you fail to understand what I'm telling you since my first post in this thread: you need an attorney. You're in a mess.

You don't decide who posts and who doesn't, and you cannot demand that no one criticize you. :rolleyes: But feel free to find your own legal help.

ciaomamabella

I think that what she is saying is that the child is not living with either parent, nor is the child living with any family member at all.

If I were mom, I would be fighting for primary custody at this point rather than having my son continue to live with dad's girlfriend. Yes, the child would have to change schools, but even if he has to change schools, it would be better for him to live with ONE of his parents.
Thank you. I appreciate you understanding my situation and giving me advice.

ciaomamabella

I see you fail to understand what I'm telling you since my first post in this thread: you need an attorney. You're in a mess.

You don't decide who posts and who doesn't, and you cannot demand that no one criticize you. :rolleyes: But feel free to find your own legal help.
So, being a senior member gives you the ability to tell people that they "need an attorney". Thanks. I've gathered that. Obviously most of us who have family law cases need an attorney, but we are also going to do everything in our power to get information and advice from people for free whove "been there done that". I didn't realize that by me posting a thread of my own case that I would be coaching a senior member how to comment other than saying that someone just "needs an attorney". I'm pretty sure ALL OF US know that. Anyone could tell me that. I'd like to go back to reading what other people who have some real advice have to say.

Silverplum

So, being a senior member gives you the ability to tell people that they "need an attorney". Thanks. I've gathered that. Obviously most of us who have family law cases need an attorney, but we are also going to do everything in our power to get information and advice from people for free whove "been there done that". I didn't realize that by me posting a thread of my own case that I would be coaching a senior member how to comment other than saying that someone just "needs an attorney". I'm pretty sure ALL OF US know that. Anyone could tell me that. I'd like to go back to reading what other people who have some real advice have to say.
Sometimes we can help. Sometimes we can't. At least we're honest. :cool:

You need an attorney. Not one who helps you fill out paperwork, a real attorney.

ciaomamabella

If you'e been on here for so long, then why be so short and rude? i don't understand how one can come to a place to get advice and in return get such short rude answers. I realize im not paying for this, but don't you feel a little bit responsible for your position other than just throwing out single sentences and telling someone they need an attorney. I've read your profile. you've never been divorced. So, then why in the heck have you spent the last 8 years giving people legal advice? It seems like youre just playing around and are one of those people that is just angry all the time and expect people to know exactly what theyre doing. I mean really? Is that what you do all day? Find interestingly dramatic threads for you to throw out judgment and critisizm? I guess I can understand why. If this is your job, then I guess one would need something to find interest in. God only knows how much drama is involved in court. But you know what? This isn't Judge Judy, this is my life. I'm a real human. A real woman who loves her son and cares and want some advice. It is so stupid that just because youve read and commented on thousands of threads that you have any real ground to call yourself a senior member who can give advice. You're retired and married whos commented on thousands of posts.

ciaomamabella

Sometimes we can help. Sometimes we can't. At least we're honest. :cool:

You need an attorney. Not one who helps you fill out paperwork, a real attorney.
If you'e been on here for so long, then why be so short and rude? i don't understand how one can come to a place to get advice and in return get such short rude answers. I realize im not paying for this, but don't you feel a little bit responsible for your position other than just throwing out single sentences and telling someone they need an attorney. I've read your profile. you've never been divorced. So, then why in the heck have you spent the last 8 years giving people legal advice? It seems like youre just playing around and are one of those people that is just angry all the time and expect people to know exactly what theyre doing. I mean really? Is that what you do all day? Find interestingly dramatic threads for you to throw out judgment and critisizm? I guess I can understand why. If this is your job, then I guess one would need something to find interest in. God only knows how much drama is involved in court. But you know what? This isn't Judge Judy, this is my life. I'm a real human. A real woman who loves her son and cares and want some advice. It is so stupid that just because youve read and commented on thousands of threads that you have any real ground to call yourself a senior member who can give advice. You're retired and married whos commented on thousands of posts.

Silverplum

Alrighty, then.

Proserpina

Mom, if your son's father is not living with his wife and your son, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with you going back to court for primary custody.

Nothing else matters. You are not in the wrong here.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Mom, if your son's father is not living with his wife and your son, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with you going back to court for primary custody.

Nothing else matters. You are not in the wrong here.
The OP is upset that she is being told that she needs an attorney. Nobody told her she was wrong to try for custody. (I don't think they did. My apologies if I am wrong on that.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">