• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son living with & being alienated by fathers girlfriend who calls herself "mama".

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Silverplum

The OP is upset that she is being told that she needs an attorney. Nobody told her she was wrong to try for custody. (I don't think they did. My apologies if I am wrong on that.)
I think she's also upset that I broke her "rules." ;):cool:

It's not my fault that people can't look in the mirror and ask me what I think.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
If I were mom, I would be fighting for primary custody at this point rather than having my son continue to live with dad's girlfriend. Yes, the child would have to change schools, but even if he has to change schools, it would be better for him to live with ONE of his parents.
I don't disagree, but I don't see Mom doing that, either. She just wants the kid temporarily until Dad is ready to have the kid. How is that stable? I don't understand...

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Why, when you first moved, did you not file to hammer out specific visitation with your son?

I think I read that you have had problems w/the girlfriend for a long time. What have you done about that?

Eekamouse

Maybe she's worried about being ordered to pay support for her child and that's why she hasn't gone to court to hammer out a new agreement with dad.

ciaomamabella

No I'm not worried about having to pay child support. Plus, It hasn't been that long since we moved. It's been 6 months. I am doing the court paperwork and needed to hear what some people thought about how I should go about it.

ciaomamabella

And THE REASON WHY I do not ask for full custody is because I DID NOT think that the judge or mediator would give it to me. I would 100% want full custody, I just don't think a judge would pull a child from a school he's known his whole life, EVEN if he's living alone w a girlfriend. I however would praise every sine God there is if my son came home to live w me. He has his own room and it would be wonderful.

ciaomamabella

Stealth2- I have spoken to her several times about how she speaks to me, but after a while, there's nothing I can do. She just continues to act that way. There's nothing I can do about it at this point. It's her reality and she believes what she believes. However, I will take my ex to court and make sure mediator knows the crazy psycho woman calling herself mama.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">