• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sons mom seeking child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

solomon richard

What is the name of your state?sc
I have a son 2 1/2 who lives in nc and i live in sc. A lawyer who represents her sent me a bunch of papers and also a notice to appear in court july 05. I'm not conerned about paying child support. Hell, it may ignite me to be more consistent than what i have been. My major concern is that Im self employed and i dont know how they will determine what is a reasonable amount of child support for my son in nc. My small business provides food clothes and shelter for my pregnant fiance her 2 children ( from previous mariage) and my biological daughter.
:confused:

LdiJ

solomon richard said:
What is the name of your state?sc
I have a son 2 1/2 who lives in nc and i live in sc. A lawyer who represents her sent me a bunch of papers and also a notice to appear in court july 05. I'm not conerned about paying child support. Hell, it may ignite me to be more consistent than what i have been. My major concern is that Im self employed and i dont know how they will determine what is a reasonable amount of child support for my son in nc. My small business provides food clothes and shelter for my pregnant fiance her 2 children ( from previous mariage) and my biological daughter.
:confused:
You will be required to provide your income tax returns (probably for the last two years or more) to the court. You may also be required to provide the books of your business. I hope that you are not playing any games with your income, because that can "bite you in the butt"...

Your pregnant fiance and her two children won't be factored into the calculation (the father of those two children is responsible for them, you won't be given credit for them)...your biological daughter may, depending on NC child support guidelines.

solomon richard

no games with income

LdiJ said:
You will be required to provide your income tax returns (probably for the last two years or more) to the court. You may also be required to provide the books of your business. I hope that you are not playing any games with your income, because that can "bite you in the butt"...

Your pregnant fiance and her two children won't be factored into the calculation (the father of those two children is responsible for them, you won't be given credit for them)...your biological daughter may, depending on NC child support guidelines.
On my 2004 indiv tax my income was 16,000

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">